The fair and balanced reporting of Fox News

by keyser soze 24 Replies latest social current

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Does anyone know how much this stance is dictated soley by Rupert Murdoch? I recall before he came here. The English were always criticizing his influence and now I see why.

I am active politcally and attend forums put on by museums. The National Constitution Center is neutral by law so I've heard conservatives and progressives. Altho I don't subscribe to it, I can respect conservative and libertarian views. William F. Buckley and William Kristol are examples of conservatives with minds. Sarah Palin is not one. People who don't believe Obama was born here don't upset me. They are ignorant. It can't be helped. Fox News gives these demogagues, such as Palin, a platform. Personally, I don't believe for a split second that Palin believes Obama was born in Kenya. Purposefully distorting the truth for political advantage and stirring up the base happen in both parties. Fox is highly visible.

Another neutral source evaluated actual current event facts knowledge by political party. Dems scored much higher than GOP in knowing objective facts. I recall when I worked for the Senate that the Senators were great friends and did not seem to care much about their public positions until the media showed up. The best of pals would act out some drama in front of the cameras. When the cameras left, civility reigned. No one could accomplish anything at the feverish pitch shown on Fox News.

I boycott it but then again I don't think I fit Murdoch's demographics.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    If this was another news source, if this was the first time Fox had been caught perpetrating this kind of deceit, I would give 'em a break. But it's not, it's typical.

Excellent point. How many passes can you give a multi-billion-dollar news organization for not getting their facts straight? And - their mistakes are always skewed right. As I said, FOX counts on their viewers to not follow-up, question and fact-check. That is why they are not considered a credible, legitimate news-source.

• freeman
    freeman

"What is truly bothersome, Freeman, is that you cannot see them for what they are."

Villabolo, I do see them for what they are, but unlike some, I don't hold a Fox-Pejorative mindset that limits my vision.

My mother-in-law has a similar thinking process.

I got in all kinds trouble once for saying how nice it was of Rupert Murdock to raise money for Hillary Clinton’s re-election in a fund-raiser put on near my home. That fact just blew her world view of Fox / Murdock, and then the venom flew at me. So I now tread lightly whenever anything related to Fox comes up. Come to think of it, Murdock also raised some money for Charles Schumer, another democrat. Me thinks I shouldn’t tell her that. I also think I should shut-up now.

Freeman

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

flipper - "Really eye opening how they definitely lean to the right on all subjects and interviews."

"Lean to the right"? More like "careen to the right".

villabolo - "Fox is psychopathic in nature in the full blooded clinical sense of the word. If conservatives want to be represented by a hate mongering, violence inspiring, pathologically lying network then they should not cry when they get their teeth kicked in retribution."

Will you marry me?

villabolo - "What is truly bothersome, Freeman, is that you cannot see them for what they are."

Methinks Freeman just might be an authoritarian follower-type; they have a tendency to defend the duly appointed representatives and spokespersons of their ideology no matter what.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

The way that O'Reilly, Hannity & Co. react to anyone who questions the official government explanation of the events of 911 says it all.....they are shouted down as crazy asses not worthy of living in the USA.

They are well-paid talking head lying bastards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit