The fair and balanced reporting of Fox News

by keyser soze 24 Replies latest social current

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Check out this clip from the Bill O'Reilly show. Supposedly it's of protesters at the Capitol in Wisconsin, designed to show how volatile they are becoming. Notice the palm trees in the background. Palm trees in Wisconsin? Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRcmeA1k-ik

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Read up on Plutocracy. They use propaganda to snow people into supporting them while they take over, in near secret, the country. It happened in our first gilded age. Today Fox News is being used to promote most of the bull. I don't think MSNBC is doing enough to expose the plutocrats, making them culpable in their silence.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I've done two threads about this. One has no subject line and the other is Wake Up America, You've Been Had, both in the recent past.

One example and explanation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutocracy

"Owners of mass media outlets, and the advertisement buyers which financially support them can shape public

perception of political issues by controlling the information available to the population and the manner in

which it is presented (see also: fourth estate)."

• cofty
    cofty

And now the owner of Faux News is making a move for greater control of the media here in the UK.

Rupert Murdoch did what he has always done – defied regulators, governments and tax authorities to carve himself an anti-competitive market dominance with an unmatched global concentration of media power. Think how tightly he grips US politics between his Fox News foghorn and the Wall Street Journal. - Today's Guardian

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I hate to see what happens to those dudes when the world wakes up to the evil mechanations. We only thought we knew the meaning of revolution. The only way they will survive is if they have their own geographigal location and their own intelligent nuclear arsenal. We know God is NOT on their side.

It is very sad to see how easily snowed people are. But we should all know, thinking of the WTS and its wield over millions.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Yea, I saw this. How many times have they been caught now? They just give a lame excuse and move on. What is wrong with people who continue to watch and defend them???

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    What is wrong with people who continue to watch and defend them???

Human nature: please do our thinking for us, we have more important things to do.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

To show how arrogant they are, they think their audience will not notice the palm trees. They just know people are too stupid and oblivious to notice.

• freeman
    freeman

Sorry guys, but the evil Fox News actually wins this round (not on YouTube, not on the blogs) but in reality.

It’s all about context. Remember that context is king! Example: (ECCLESIASTES 9:5) does not mean what the witnesses would tell you it means when you read it in context.

Get a hold of the entire show and review it for yourself. The footage with the "palm trees" was of a violent union protest occurring in California and was clearly labeled “union protests” and also used in other Fox broadcasts (part of what is known as a b-roll in the industry. Bill O’ Smiley clearly identified the videos as collectively coming from all over the country early in his broadcast. The protest from Wisconsin is clearly labeled “Madison” should you care to look for yourself.

To be fair and balanced, (cough cough), I guess they could have or maybe even should have identified that they were at that very moment playing a portion of the b-roll film ( palm trees) while the voice narrative switched from union protests in general to specifically the one in Wisconsin.

For those who just tuned in and only saw that little damming segment, or maybe have a hard time following along the entire show, or perhaps have just a slight abhorrence of Foxxy News in general, I could see why you would think you caught them in an obvious blatant lie, sorry but you didn’t.

I’m just saying fair is fair and they shouldn’t be labeled as liars for this one. Now d

oes that make me a Fox ditto head for pointing this out?

Freeman

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

No, not all their content. Only >98%. Fox news is bad. I'm waiting to hear the reaction from such establishment powerhouses as The New York Times and the Wall Street Journal concerning Fox. We have Bill Mahr on HBO. Republicans bother me but now I'm the most bothered by ineffectual progressives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit