The fair and balanced reporting of Fox News

by keyser soze 24 Replies latest social current

• beksbks
    beksbks

Sorry Freeman, weak argument. The clip was already used in a previous segment. This segment was specifically about Wisconsin. Fox's MO isn't always flat out lies, it's propaganda. This is a perfect example. They are implying that what they are discussing and the film they are showing are connected.

• freeman
    freeman

Beksbks:

I saw the warm weather short sleeve shirts, I saw the cop on horseback, I saw the palm trees, and understood it was related to the union protests,

I got the context and did not feel manipulated and was able sort it out, I but that’s just me.

Ok I accept that as your honest belief, I don't agree for the stated reason above.

That withstanding, I see a lot of the folks who lean a little left to have a tendency to be overly critical of fox. It is the only conservative leaning news stations we here in the states, so I guess it is a target. But so many see the boogie man in every story they run. I have heard many wishing, hoping, and even praying for its demise. It bothers me to think some people feel that way.

That said, I don’t think it is in any danger of being annihilated anytime soon. Fox does quite well because it fills a need, a vacuum, just like Rush Limburger does, that is why they are both number one at what they do, they fill the void, and I wish both of them well.

Freeman

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Ya'll see the daily show last night? Stewart was roasting the repubs on the wisconsin Union breaking. He showed them saying they wanted to break Union contracts and than show the same jack-asses defending the contracts of bankers who were getting ***BILLLION*** $$$ bonuses.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/thu-march-3-2011-diane-ravitch

• blondie
    blondie

darth frosty, thanks for the stewart clip. It only shows that more than the WTS talks out of both sides of their mouths.

BTW teachers go to school in the summers to earn credits to keep their licenses current. Also teachers come in several weeks before the students and stay several weeks after school ends.

They come in an hour early on a school day and stay an hour later, go home and correct papers and get the next day's lesson in order, something they can't do in the classroom.

When I think of the MILLIONS that are paid to CEOs when they dump their companies in the toilet and accept taxpayer money to bail them out (BTW I am a taxpayer, have been for over 40 years) I wonder how I can get a job like that.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I saw the warm weather short sleeve shirts, I saw the cop on horseback, I saw the palm trees, and understood it was related to the union protests,
    I got the context and did not feel manipulated and was able sort it out, I but that’s just me.

Right, Freeman, but the average FOX viewer is not as astute as you. And FOX counts on that.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I’m just saying fair is fair and they shouldn’t be labeled as liars for this one. Now does
    that make me a Fox ditto head for pointing this out?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plutocracy

"Owners of mass media outlets, and the advertisement buyers which financially support them can shape public

perception of political issues by controlling the information available to the population and the manner in

which it is presented (see also: fourth estate)."

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It's a fact, most people don't pay attention to things going on the background of any scene. People will see what is SUPPOSED to be there. Example:

I just had some porcelain fillings replaced on the teeth, just to the side of my front teeth, on the bottom. My dentist gave me the choice of porcelain that would match closely to my teeth and fall out in a few years, or this new material that would not match, but would last a lot longer. She handed me a mirror. I already had the new material on teeth further back. I smiled. Being an artist, I based my decision to use the stronger, longer lasting not quite matching fillings. Why? Because I know that most people will not "see" the fillings. They will not expect there to be a different, but similar color along my gumline. Yes, you can see it a bit if I am smiling big. Will people notice? No, because their brains expect there to be one solid color from crown to gumline. There brains will see what is supposed to be there.

It's a subliminal thing, to be talking about bussing "leftist liberals" into Wisconsin, to cause problems at the protest, but showing a different locale with palm trees. People are thinking Wisconsin. Most people do not know whether there are mounted police in that city. People would not be expecting or thinking palm trees. In the short time it takes the video to play, people would not notice those clashing details. When the footage is done running, their minds are moving on to the next thing and not registering palm trees and mounted police. This is how movies can have continuity mistakes that go un-noticed. Our mind wants things to make sense. Your brain will see what makes sense: what is supposed to be there.

Unless you're Freeman, of course.

Does that city not have mounted police? Just wondering.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Beksbks:

That said, I don’t think it is in any danger of being annihilated anytime soon. Fox does quite well because it fills a need, a vacuum, just like Rush Limburger does, that is why they are both number one at what they do, they fill the void, and I wish both of them well.

Ok I accept that as your honest belief, I don't agree for the stated reason above.

That withstanding, I see a lot of the folks who lean a little left to have a tendency to be overly critical of fox. It is the only conservative leaning news stations we here in the states, so I guess it is a target. But so many see the boogie man in every story they run. I have heard many wishing, hoping, and even praying for its demise. It bothers me to think some people feel that way.

Freeman

Well Freeman, you've explained much with this post. Your perception of the story says nothing of thier intention. If this was another news source, if this was the first time Fox had been caught perpetrating this kind of deceit, I would give 'em a break. But it's not, it's typical.

As for the supposed liberal media. By repeating that meme, you simply show your ignorance and stubborn ideology.

• flipper
    flipper

Fox is a lot of things- but " fair & balanced " - they're not. my wife and I have been watching exposes' on them on the internet lately . Really eye opening how they definitely lean to the right on all subjects and interviews. Bill O' reilly is a creep. An absolute bastard who puts people down if they don't suck up to the right wing. And Rupert Murdoch is the puppet master behind it all. Absolute min manipulators of the American people

• villabolo
    villabolo

Freeman:

"That withstanding, I see a lot of the folks who lean a little left to have a tendency to be overly critical of fox. It is the only conservative leaning news stations we here in the states, so I guess it is a target. But so many see the boogie man in every story they run. I have heard many wishing, hoping, and even praying for its demise. It bothers me to think some people feel that way."

Get real freeman. Fox is psychopathic in nature in the full blooded clinical sense of the word. If conservatives want to be represented by a hate mongering, violence inspiring, pathologically lying network then they should not cry when they get their teeth kicked in retribution.

Psychopaths need to suffer their demise. As individuals they wreak havoc on peoples lives. But when they band together in the form of a McCarthyistic propaganda network, they are capable of fomenting violence and ultimately civil war.

What is truly bothersome, Freeman, is that you cannot see them for what they are.

Villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit