why, what made you join JWs?

by tosko 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• butalbee
    butalbee

Love "almost" made me join.

• Shane
    Shane

First of all what in the living daylights is Dub"?
    Anyways I was raised a JW And was scared all the time, only times I was not scared was when I made my own conclusions based on feelings I had come upon me as a young person about God.
    All those scary pictures did not help, and having my hair pulled out during class for not saluting the flag or standing for the national anthem did not help my self esteem and contrary to the GB's comments about faithful young ones, it hurts to live like that, it scared my life needlessly. THE END, Shane

• mouthy
    mouthy

Came to Canada at 19yrs old- after marrying a Canadian Soldier( War Bride) we had lost a baby from the bombing in England( Buzz bomb)
    came with a new babe 6months old-(found out my husband who had been demobbed 9 months earlier & had come back home before I came) -had a severe drinking problem- I attended a United Church because I was with no friends in a French speaking area( Montreal) But they said women had to wear hats,( by this time I had 3 kids living ) bible
    illiterate)I couldnt afford a hat.... to poor.
    Then two lovely well dressed young women called- & was giving me the spiel- sounded good, but the POLICE pulled up to arrested them I offered them to come in-but they said No-The bible had told them they would be persecuted... When they called back a few months later I was ready for these poor souls-Took them in & you know the rest!!!I LOVED
    being a JW-Made 10 people JW. ( stop the stoning)Until they kicked me out because I said I didnt believe Jesus came in 1914. I wanted to die!!Thank God some loving Christians from 3 differant churches- came to help me- went to BRCI- an EX JW group)couldnt get it out of my head, went to Pennsylvania -listened to ex JW give their testimony-KNEW the faithful & discreet slave was the artful & dispicable BOSS.Am Free AINT LIFE GRAND!!!!!!
    & Love it

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Had no choice in the matter... I was born in it.

• qadreena
    qadreena

i was born into it as well, no choice

• JBean
    JBean

Born into it... had a choice to make: baptism... did it 'cos all the other kids were. ps: to Gotcha: I'm in too... but please don't ever say or think there's no way out... give it time... life is good and will get better for you. (try the quiet fade for starters!) : )

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Shane,dub as in JW.(Phoneticly:Jay-Dubble-You)...OUTLAW

• xyzzy
    xyzzy

My mom joined when I was two years old. I was raised in that faith. I was told not to plan for the future, as Armageddon would wipe it all away. I couldn't associate with others, as they were not JWs. As I grew through my teen years, I became a Deist. Now I'm out of that hell, and am feeling much better.

I look forward to participating on these boards. :)

"Comrades! We must abolish the cult of the individual decisively, once and for all!"
    ~Nikita Khrushchev, premier of the Soviet Union, echoed in the teachings of the WatchTower

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Well... I was just swimming around minding my own business one day. Next time I know, a huge explosion propels me and all my buddies with this VIOLENT force!

Let me just tell you, after that I didn't know what to do, it was dark and strange, so I just started to swim. I must have swam for a day and a half through this wierd place. My buddies and I didn't know what to make of it but I noticed that they were getting fewer and fewer. I was getting scared.

Up ahead in the distance, there was this kind big area (compared to where I was), so I swam up there. There was this large, glowing ball that seemed to draw me to it. I was exhausted but I kept swimming towards it.

Finally, I got to it. I saw this small door in the surface, so I popped my head in. BIG MISTAKE!

Nine months later I'm a borg.

Slipnslidemaster: "Just because I look sexy on the cover of Rolling Stone doesn't mean I'm naughty."
    - Britney Spears

• SYN
    SYN

Slipnslidermaster: You should have worn flippers, man!

I wasn't born into it, but my parents became Dubs when I was very young, so there wasn't any choice for me in the matter of my religion until I turned 16.

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit