How far are you on your journey away from the JW Org?

by punkofnice 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Pika -

mentally free, but forced to attend meetings for family reasons.

Your day will come!

Jeckle -

after a year of complete inactivity and prayer for truth i was led to so call apostate sites. i finally felt that it wasnt just me it wasnt all just in my head.

Good on ya!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

getting on for 20 years now, I was "invited" to attend a JC in the latter part of 1992 and although I appealed and won the fade started immediately I attended the memorial of 1993, completly inactive and non attendance until about an hour of the summer DC of 1995 and since then nothing, sometime during 1995 I believe I was DA'ed in absentia.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

How far am I on my journey away from the JW Org ? I don't know in miles or kilometers, I haven't seen a signpost pointing back to them.

What I do know for sure is that within two weeks of walking out of the K.H for the last time, towards the end of March, six years ago, Mrs Phizzy said to me "So, we are never going back then ?"

and I replied "That's right".

In that short time I had travelled too far to ever turn back.

I now feel that all vestiges of JWism are gone, I am 100% "Worldly", and boy, does that feel good !

• Pyramid God
    Pyramid God

Yeah phizzy being worldly rocks!

Me, I woke up about a year ago, had quite a public fall from grace (I was a golden boy), and walked out of the kingdom hall the week of Independence Day. Quite appropriate, now that I think about it. My last JW function was last year's district convention, although I will be attending another ASSembly here in March.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

About 90-95% out.

My devout 80-something JW mom is still kicking.

I'm in no hurry.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It is always interesting to see newbies here gradually waking up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit