Accidentally Leaving a Flash Drive in the KH Parking Lot

by RayPublisher 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I've been playing around with this strategy for awhile. How could I crack the defenses and get a JW to read Crisis of Conscience, Captive to a Concept, etc., or just some reasoning points in general on blood, 1914, the history of the WT organization? I want to help my brothers and sisters, I am still inside for a while longer and feel like I need to do something more tangible.

So I was thinking that if a flash drive was "accidentally" left on the ground in the parking lot. It could have a folder with these documents in it. Also in the root directory would be a text file that perhaps reads like this:

----------------------

Bro

The info we talked about is in the folder called "research" on this drive. PLEASE be careful when you check it out because these files are very sensitive and I don't want you to get into the trouble I have gotten myself into. We've been friends for a long time and you know I love you and I love Jehovah with all my heart.

If you want to talk more I set up a special email at <[email protected]> that we can talk on.

Take care,
    J

-----------------------

My thought is that a publisher or even pioneer will pick it up and read it and maybe even email me- I wouldn't of course leave it at my Hall that'd be way too dangerous right now but maybe a neighboring one.

So my question is would this work at all? How should the text file be worded? The above is short and sweet but maybe it should have more? Also, what docs should be included in the folder? I thought I would have right at the top a file named "_README_FIRST" that would have more introductory info.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I guess it might work? A file on the NGO fiasco, how they are still registered with & participating as a partner in UN events, even years after the truth came out, and scans of the wt literature saying anyone who did that would be a false god?

Is there any way you can get an imprinted logo flash drive or some sort of flash drive that would prompt a person to snoop its contents? If I found an anonymous flash drive in a parking lot I'd throw it out for fear it would have a virus or something.

IMHO an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure--preventing people from ever getting involved is so much more effective in reducing the cult and its harm than trying to get people out.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Hmmm not sure what good the custom logo would do but I'd be willing to get one done up... As for virus worries I am in the IT profession and it is a valid concern but very very unlikely. Hackers and virus writers are spamming thousands of web pages and shareware rpograms every second of every day. Dropping flash drives is not a good return on investment for them. I think that one of the friends would see it and wonder who it belongs too, assuming it is probably from a publisher that attends that complex.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

COC etc. are copyright.

It needs to have something on it that will not only get their attention, but does not ring their Apostate alarm before the message in it 'gets in'.

See a psychologist or deprogrammer for advice. Ex-JWs are mostly unskilled in this department and usually forget everything they were ever told from the platform and in magazines on how to recognise apostasy and how to avoid it, when they devise their not-so-cunning plans that have their ex-brethren running for the hills every time they see them coming.

• goddidit
    goddidit

I don't understand the exact nuances of this situation but I once wondered about adding fake pages to one of their rags.

This was way before we all had computers. These days it should be fairly easy with photoshop and a good printer.

Maybe you could word something that doesn't ring their auto-reject bells but gets them thinking.

Just a thought.

• Scully
    Scully

What I'd love to do is have a rubber stamp made up with something like www.jehovahs-witness.net or www.silentlambs.org or www.freeminds.org and sneak behind the literature counter when doing the cleaning and rubber stamp inside each of the kool-aid and for-public-consumption versions of the WT and/or Awake on the shelves.

Since most JWs never crack open the mags until it's time to attend the Sunday meeting, any placements would go out with those stamps inside them. Once JWs see the stamps - in the midst of a WT study hopefully - they'd start to wonder about their personal Service supply being compromised, and they'd have to go check each copy to see if they were or not.

Most folks who take the magazines immediately chuck them in the trash, so they're safe, but the ones who do read them will get a nice internet link to check out.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The UN NGO is BS. No one cares.

Once anything appears to be suspicious (apostate) no one would care what it said. It's hard enough when it all comes from a trusted or at least neutral source. Look at all the folks here trying to convince their own husband/wife.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

If they found flash drive on kh property, most likely they would turn it in to lost and found without even checking what's on it.

It might be better to have a couple scans of sensitive letters to elders on the ground so they don't blow around but are easy for someone to pick up. Many seeing paper on the kh property might pick it up to throw out but might notice wts logo. While noticing it's wts letter, curiosity should get them to read it. eg. letter concerning secret elder's book where not even sisters should be allowed to handle the binding of it; page from court documents suing wts for child abuse ('07?) stapled with elders letter on pedophiles(I think there is one about that topic). Something innocent enough that might make them do some research or ask questions concerning something they didn't have a clue before.

If it has any hint of apostates most will ignore it. Either way, good luck and let us know if you had any success. Maybe, watch from the distance and see who picks it up.

• teel
    teel

The basic idea is very good, I can see it working - it has that little conspirational air around it that would make it irresitible for some. Of course there are those hard-liners, for whom nothing would work.

However I work in the IT field too, and I would be apprehensive to use a flash drive (I would probably set up a safe environment first) - not because virus writers spread their virus by dropping flash drives, but because the majority of the flash drive users have little or no protection on their home system. Of course these same users would use a found flash drive with no fear, so it's all good

About copyright issues: you could paste the most interresting portions of the books instead of putting all the books, this could be considered fair use imo. Also it would really look like you did some research, instead of just gathering as much apostate ebooks as you can. Maybe even write some sidenotes of your own.

UN NGO - while it's not exactly a capital sin, it was a mistake, and the GB is not willing to admit it. It's still on a need-to-know basis, and from my experience with my ex-wife, when you tell a JW about it, they would simply refuse to believe it, telling it's apostate propaganda. When you present irrefutable proof (from the official UN site), they withdraw, chew on it for a day, then come up with some justification, that it's ok. Anyway the first wave of shock shows it's not BS, and that first shock is enough for some who already feel there's something wrong with the cult.

Edit: yes, lost&found could be the bane of the idea. But I do remember someone in my old congo actually finding a flash drive, and didn't take it to l&f, but asked around. She found the owner, but she said right before that, that she would take it home to look at the contents, maybe there's a clue about the owner.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It would be turned in to the elders as lost property. Elder would read the stuff on it (to try and ID the owner) and would then find apostate stuff on it instead. He would not read the material beyond confirming the nature of the material. Then the witch hunt would begin to try and find who's property the stick is and also who the material on it was intended for. I'd suggest a more targetted approach

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit