g01 11/22 Speculates then tells us not to speculate??!?!? Wha?

by punkofnice 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Are jws still encouraged to imagine themselves in paradise earth? Wouldn't that be speculation or is that just dreaming?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@diamondiiz = Are jws still encouraged to imagine themselves in paradise earth? Wouldn't that be speculation or is that just dreaming?

Yes they are! Yes it is!

Double standards all the way.

I like the idea of a pet condor though!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If God can get kangaroos from Mount Ararat to Australia, He can do anything. See what "thinking" can start to do for a mind.
    WTS is suggesting the members just don't think.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

madsweeny - "It would not be wise" is yet another of the Borg's loaded phrases, Sab. They often use these things to separate the true believers from the independent thinkers. To the faithful true believer it means, "thou shalt not," but to the independent thinker it means, "this is a matter for my own conscience."

Beautiful; couldn't have said it better.

My otherwise devout father thought the "no speculating" thing was stoopid. He'd looked up the word in the dictionary, discovered that it basically meant to "think", and decided that any JW who said "no speculating" was an idiot. I loved him for it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OnTheWayOut - "WTS is suggesting the members just don't think."

Considering the corroborated reports that came out of the latest Elder's confab, I think they're doing more than just "suggesting" it these days.

"All but demanding" might be a bit more accurate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit