Young people, you can die if you do not progress in the truth and become baptized.

by garyneal 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DanaBug
    DanaBug
    If someone's home were about to be swept away by raging floodwaters and you were entrusted with the task to warn them of the danger, you wouldn't tap on their door and say, "Can you picture yourself in a dryer place where no one has to worry about floods? Wouldn't a place like that be swell? Maybe I can stop back next week and give you one tiny detail about avoiding floods. Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm just a volunteer and any donations you can provide to further my work will be appreciated." NO! You would beat their door down and scream at them to get to safety! You would cut out all the BS and give them exactly what they need to know to get saved.

Saving this one!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    garyneal Jesus did say faith without works is dead.....Frigginconfussed

Faith

Without Works is Dead:

A Study on James 2:14-26

(From Outside the CampVol. 10, No. 2)

[For a printer-friendly PDF version of this article, click HERE]

James 2:14. My brothers, what [is] the gain if anyone says he has faith, but he does not have works? Is the faith able to save him?

James 2:15-16. But if a brother or a sister is naked and may be lacking in daily food, and any one of you say to them, Go in peace, be warmed and filled, but does not give them the things the body needs, what gain [is it]?

James 2:17. So also faith, if it does not have works, is dead being by itself.

James shows how faith without works is like the person who says "be warmed and filled" but does not give the person any food and clothing.

As you can see..Jesus never said that..

You must be friggnconfussed..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

So if we distill this thread down, it is dealing with what the WT says about unverified accounts of Jesus getting baptized, a ritual that means something completely different in the modern day in comparison to ancient days, all in an effort to avoid a destruction that uneducated men in Brooklyn say is coming based on a misunderstanding of old sayings that they say are important.

I say just skip the whole process and thereby avoid the certain judicial committee that will kick you out.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

BTW, we had a CO, the little ex marine, who said:

"If you are old enough to be baptized and you are holding off and Armageddon comes tomorrow, what will happen?"

He then drew his thumb across his throat in the 'slit your throat' gesture, and made the gurgling sound.

That summer, 5 teenagers got baptized.

I was disgusted by the threat.

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

Same bla-bla as always. I can remember a similar talk, I must have been 11 or 12 years old. No wonder I got baptized when I was 13...

• Ding
    Ding

When you first study with the WTS, they love bomb you and offer you "good news" about a reunion with your deceased loved ones on a paradise earth.

If you get baptized, the WTS spends most of its time warning you that you're in imminent danger of being annihilated because you're not doing enough.

In any religious system that preaches salvation by faith plus works, the works always end up dominating.

If good works is what makes people acceptable to Jehovah, why did Jesus need to come and die?

In the WT version of salvation, Jesus made the down payment but you have to keep up all the installments.

This is NOT biblical salvation.

Faith without works is dead, but faith IN works is deadly.

Trying to obtain Jehovah's approval through theocratic works is futile.

Ephesians 2:8-9: "8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. [NOT by works, NOT by works, NOT by works]"

First, you have to receive by faith the FREE GIFT of salvation, purchased by Christ's blood.

Then GOD WORKS inside you and through you to do the good works that He has prepared for you to do.

Ephesians 2:10: "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

• Joliette
    Joliette

Terrible....just terrible.

I guess I'm on a one way ticket to ghenna because I aint never getting baptized as a witness.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

A little more about "faith" and "works"...

In 1 Corinthians 13:1-3, the message is quite clear; if you perform "works" without LOVE, they are utterly worthless. I'd say that this ties in nicely with James 2:16 in that if you just send someone away with only verbal "encouragement" but without actually helping them, it betrays an utter lack of love. And in 1 Corinthians 13:13 (NWT) it says: "Now, however, there remain faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

When it comes right down to it, this is what JWs are singularly the most guilty of as a group; they are overall lacking in love. Faith is worthless without it! Of course it's a systemic problem stemming from the leadership of a psychopathic group of old men who call themselves the Governing Body. They are the most lacking in love and compassion of anyone in the BOrg. It all comes from the top! It's little wonder that young people are being coerced into baptism, when they and their parents are surrounded with the lovelessness of a JW congregation...

V665

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

getting baptised as a witness allows elders to sit down with you privately and administer private programming.

you answer the questions correctly, prove to them the programming is working and then they can release you out on your own.

by answering the questions correctly you are submitting to the doctrine.

the questions are one reason i didn't get dunked.

i knew i'd get in trouble as a teen was another reason.

and the whole dedicating yourself to an organization was another.

and the fact that they wouldn't do it NOW. you had to go through the questions, then wait for judgemnet, then wait for assembly. bible times they baptised same day as the person learned and accepted the faith.

• dinah
    dinah

Scaring kids, way to go, a**holes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit