Does anyone out there understand how i feel?

by TimothyT 35 Replies latest social relationships

• elderelite
    elderelite

Welcome tim... Although im not gay, i think we all undersand whats its like to be in this organization and not be able to be what we wish because of its
    Rules... Take your time.. Get your feet set and see where it all leads you

• cantleave
    cantleave

Tim, welcome to the forum. Once you understand that the religion is a sham and run by unbiblical standards you will be comfortable with what and who you really are. I'm in the UK, and would be happy to chat with you.

If you want feel free to join my facebook family

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1325719179

Take care

ANGUS

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Thanks for the welcome everyone and thanks so much for your responses up to now! They have been very encouraging for me! :)

Thanks 'Heaven'! To me, the scriputres based upon love are the ones that i cling to the most. Im a very analytical and studious person. I accept the teachings of the JWs which are absolutely clear from a study of the bible. There are many things i dont agree with (eg. the faithful and discreet slave business). I suppose i could have my own ideas on what the bible teaches but i know that in the end God is Love and that he understands my feelings (and imperfections). I take comfort in that!

Thanks 'Mamalove'! Its an unfortunate predicament! I know what i am giving up, but i need to be happy, instead of lying to myself. The religion is a catalyst to serving Jehovah. I believe it is possible to serve him by other means (I would quite hope that the man i meet would also be a gay JW as he also would still want to uphold the teachings of Jesus. WISH ME LUCK ON THAT!!! Having said that, if there are many young gay JW's who are gay, i should find one of them! :p)

Thanks for all the links too everyone! I have read many of them and a number of them have brought me to tears! I wish i found this website months ago before i started being depressed!

Much love, Tim! :):):)

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Tim, your road will be a difficult one to travel and I wish you the best. I had a very close friend who is gay and decided that he could not go on as a JW. He understood the "non-practicing" option but the climate within the JW community in many parts of the world is a close-minded one. It can be difficult to hear people speak so harshly about something they know very little about. Although the Society has printed a couple of reasonable articles about the nature of same-sex attraction, the feeling among many of the friends is that it is something disgusting and worthy of shame. I'm glad you have reconciled your sexuality with God. That shows that you are truly seeking a personal relationship with God. Keep your spirits up, weigh your options, do what is ultimately best for you.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome! And Elderelite's comment of:

i think we all undersand whats its like to be in this organization and not be able to be what we wish because of its Rules

is exactly right.

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

I really do wish you all the best. Trying to be someone your not is a good way to slowly destroy your mental state.

NLW's wife

• julian
    julian

I know how you feel. But you choose how you feel. I cannot choose for you, but only tell you to feel as you wish to feel. But if you choose my answer, and choose to try to understand and apply it, you will recognise so many choices you do have.

So choose then how you wish to feel, then feel as you have chosen. If upon, much time and much effort, you still feel bad, I can give you an answer for this time, which is; you made a bad choice.

However, this answer only applies, if you cannot feel better within a reasonable time. Give it a reasonable time, to adjust to new feelings, and then determine whether that time was wasted or indeed worth while.

• Podobear
    Podobear

You have PM.. Tim

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Jesus indicated that it wasn't who you love, but that you love.

Most religions have got it all twisted about homosexuality when it comes to railing against it using the Bible.

If you are going to continue to believe in an Almighty God, the Bible, and Jesus, you'd better get some perspective and some peace of mind.

Go to: http://www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.com/

Set aside whatever the WTBTS has taught you about learning the truth from other religions and prepare to have your mind opened and then blown :)

Love, Peace

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Thanks everyone for your comments! Im still looking into what you have said! In the end, i need to make the choice which is going to provide me with the happiness i need! I hope i can attain that happiness!

Thanks again! You have all been very helpful and consoling! :)

Tim x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit