The role of the Home Bible Study arrangement in JW brainwashing

by MrMonroe 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Vidiot . . . Limestone . . . petroleum . . . both good examples and very provable scientifically . . . the only way WT can counter this is to cast aspersions on the truthfulness and motives of science . . . pathetic really . . . Past and current WT teachings in this area just should not exist . . . it's just crap

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Murray Smith - "...the only way WT can counter this is to cast aspersions on the truthfulness and motives of science..."

It's not just the WTS; virtually every Biblical literalist Christian denomination does it in spades.

I remember once reading a terrific rebuttal of the Christian Right's allegations of dishonesty throughout the biological and geological sciences. I don't remember where it was or who wrote it, but it really laid out in a very funny way just how damned impossible it was for there to be some kind of "vast secular conspiracy" among the "elites" of all the scientific disciplines to debunk Genesis (and thusly Christianity).

• alias
    alias

Thanks MrMonroe and Mad Sweeney! I've seen the book before but haven't read it yet. Now I will!

• Ri
    Ri

MrMonroe, you made me laugh so hard tears ran out of my eyes...thanks guy

• Honesty
    Honesty

I didn't realise that I had been so brainwashed until I attended my first Sunday School Class about 3 months after I left Jehover the organization.

I actually saw and heard Scripture being openly discussed and examined among 15 or so people with different viewpoints, whereas I had previously only known one prearranged viewpoint that was not open to discussion or criticism for which a foundation was laid through the Watchtower's Home Bible Study arrangement .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit