The role of the Home Bible Study arrangement in JW brainwashing

by MrMonroe 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

That really is a great find Mr Monroe well done, great post.

Thank you too Mad Sweeney for the link, I look forward in reading it :)

3Mozzies

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Listener - "No wonder they haven't changed this method of WT literature teaching."

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

What's really interesting is that I remember an elder on the platform once actually acknowledging the fact that the JWs' goal should be to take charge of the study's direction, that the publications were specifically designed to do just that, and that that was a good thing. At the time I thought "wait, that doesn't seem very fair", but my JW conditioning argued that since it was the Truth(TM), it was justified.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Murray Smith - "Since leaving WT the old beliefs are still there...buried under a pile of dust sure...but I don't believe I forsook them entirely."

You can take the boy out of the WT, but it's a lot harder to take the WT out of the boy...

• Millions
    Millions

Thanks for highlighting this, something so damning written by an ex-member 40 years ago is probably more powerful than any modern day testimony. Looking forward to reading it when I find the time.

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Just to be sure your not mis-quoting me Vidiot . . . the old beliefs under all that dust were the evolutionary timetables which are somewhat more provable than any evidence for creation. I put them aside only to find on my exit from WT they were always there . . .just ignored

I did a bit of tertiary education (tut tut) in geology which included the study of the history and formation of limestones . . . when you consider that cave formations (stalactites etc) can be fairly accurrately dated to as old as 130 million years . . . and require an extensive evolution even prior to that . . . then 40,000 years since earths creation is laughable . . . it's a given I hope that limestone comes from sea creatures is common knowledge

The mind control process described in my previous posts was able to 'overlay' this knowledge as to make it inconsequential to me . . . it's not something I'm proud of . . . but it reinforces the point

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Murray Smith - "Just to be sure your not mis-quoting me, Vidiot...the old beliefs under all that dust were the evolutionary timetables which are somewhat more provable than any evidence for creation. I put them aside only to find on my exit from WT they were always there...just ignored."

Oops. Sorry.

The statement I made is still true, though.

BTW, I didn't know that limestone came from marine life. I did know that petroleum came from prehistoric organic matter, though.

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Granted . . . exit from WT thinking is not instant that's for sure

• hoser
    hoser

The bible study work(watchtower publication study work) serves two purposes. It indoctrinates the householder, and it indoctrinates the publisher.

When someone goes into a JC if they are not DF'd it is automatic that someone studies with them a watchtower book, to re-assimilate them into the collective.

Hoser

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

hoser - "It indoctrinates the householder, and it indoctrinates the publisher."

Insightful; although I would suggest that in the case of the latter, it functions more as reinforcing the indoctrination.

• hoser
    hoser

Vidiot:

You are most likely right, it does reinforce the indoctrination that has taken place.

the books that are used are so well written to suck people in.

Hoser

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit