Update on my life since I left

by strawberry cake 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

That's awesome to hear!! It's always great to hear of people actually living REAL LIFE after leaving the WBTS!! Congratulations!

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

Hi Strawberrycake,

It's good to see that you have been able to move on with your life and that your kids are out as well. My children are all out as well, and when I read the stories of those whose families are divided my heart aches for them.

You brought up something that really hit home for me - the realization that I will die some day. Since I first started as a JW with the Paradise book as a little girl and stayed in for over 30 years, I had grown up believing I would never face death. Now that I am in my early 60s I often think of the wasted years and all the things I missed out on, so I can relate to how your youngest feels.

My kids are all doing well and are successful in their chosen fields of medicine and business. It is comforting to see them grabbing all they can from life and enjoying it to the fullest. Your youngest will be fine, it will just take a little time.

Blessings to all of you

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

A lovely update - so good to hear of a family out and doing well...

Loz x

• lonestar63
    lonestar63

It is indeed a blessing to be free from the cult.

My wife and i were enslaved most of our lives, and we blindly brought our children up in this screwed up mind controlling cult as well.

It is indeed wonderful to be out. We've celebrated Christmas and Thanksgiving as a family, had the joy of being together at these times, and also been blessed with a grandchild that will never know what it is like to be controlled in that manner.

• Honesty
    Honesty

WHAT !!!

That can't be true. No one's life improves when they leave Jehover. They turn into sex-crazed people.

It says so right here (:

w069/1p.17WhenaLovedOneLeavesJehovah

Yes, when a person chooses to leave Jehovah and the way of life set out in the Scriptures, faithful family members typically experience deep anguish. "I love my sister very much," says Irene. "I would do anything to see her come back to Jehovah!" Maria, whose brother turned his back on Jehovah to pursue a course of immoral conduct, says: "This has been hard for me to bear because in every other respect, he has been a wonderful brother to me. I especially miss him at large family gatherings."

My life improved so much after I left that satanic religious organization that my 'wordly' friends say I am like night and day and the night was while I was a dub in good standing, the day is my life now and particularly the way I treat everyone.

It's amazing how brainwashed we were into believing that sh*t that all 'worldly' people are bad.

Reality is the direct opposite. Most of those 'worldly' people have better morals than the JW's I know and they certainly treat others a lot better than those JW's I know.

• d
    d

This is good

• White Dove
    White Dove

Congratulations, Strawberry!

My two kids and I are all out, too, and left about the same time.

Honesty,

My kids said that I became a much better mother after leaving the WTS.

I never have bouts of depression anymore, as my kind was environment induced.

Aside from social problems my boy is having and will learn better, none of us turned into bad people or "ungodly" ways of living.

Not that I believe in a strict "godly" way but we haven't done the things the WTS says everyone does when leaving.

It is like night and day.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Awesome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit