Update on my life since I left

by strawberry cake 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Hi

I used to post here a lot a few years ago. This forum helped me out of the organisation with my husband and 3 boys.

We are now all more or less out and very happy.

Me my husband and my youngest left almost instantly we realised the lie. My middle son gave us a little grief at first and then left when he understood what were were saying. He is now at university.

My eldest kept going for pragmatic reasons. He said he could not handle being shunned right now. He was 19 and was part of a large JW social scene. He now has a non JW girlfriend and hardly goes.He is working as an electrician. He absoluely does not believe it and says a lot of his JW friends don't either.

It took a while for my youngest to get over the fact that paradise may not come. He became very concerned with the prospect of dieing. He is over this now.

My husband is quite bitter about the WT and doesn't like to dwell on them.

I myself am happily working as a Higher level teaching assistant and in my 3rd year of a BA in Education.

So post JW my life has taken off beautifully.

And thankfully, I did not lose my children.

• nugget
    nugget

It is so nice to see such a positive outcomeand that you and your children got out. I think your sons experience that many of the young ones are in it for social reasons and do not believe is very common. It seems to be our experience too. when my husband told a young witness friend he was being Df'd for not believing the GB was gods channel of communication he turned round to my husband and said you will probably be proved right.

I think they will have real problems finding spiritual men to become elders and Ms's in the future.

Thank you for the update it was a positive start to my day.

• alanv
    alanv

When I was in it, the social thing was very high on my list for staying in. There is no doubt about it, you can have a very good social life in the org.

Thankfully I and many others did not let that keep us in, and although I have less friends now, I know the ones I have got are not going to drop me if I say something they do not agree with

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Thanks for sharing Strawberry Cake, I am glad you and your boys are all now happy. A wonderful outcome.

Your name has made me fancy a Strawberry cake now!!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Glad to hear you are doing well!

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

That's great strawberry! I'm so happy for you and your family, your studies, and everything wonderful that's been going on in your life post-watchtower.

I wish there were more of these success stories from ex-JWs.

• wobble
    wobble

Hi Strawberrycake !

Great to hear from you, and so good to hear your positive news, life after JW's is good isn't it ?

I think on here we don't get enough stories like yours because people like yourself, whole family out together, and making a success of their lives, do not feel the need , and usually don't have the time, to post.

Those with a partner, or children, stuck in are in a different , and sad, position.

There are many who have got out and moved on as you have, it ain't that hard !

All the best to you and yours for the future !

• Quandry
    Quandry

So happy to hear that your family is now almost all completely out. Also, how wonderful that you have almost gotten your degree in education.

I also work in a school as a Paraprofessional (title here in US) and am studying at University for a degree in History. I am too old to start a career in teaching...I am 59. I was "in" for over thirty years, and wanted during that time to go to school, but my husband was an elder and felt that it would set a bad example...of course he was right....look how now they are cracking down on a "sinful" education!

I feel that an education is empowering, and enjoy every minute that I find out new things.

Your poor son is not alone in being devastated at the thought of no paradise and the prospect of dieing. That is something that many of us have struggled with.

I hope that so many good experiences come to you in the future! Please drop in again and tell us further updates.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Good for you and your family! Makes me keep hope for some of the families I love

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Very Good!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit