I'm an HBH

by Lunatic Faith 21 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
    baltar447

Were you ever baptized?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Ignore ,ignore,ignore .......wash ,rinse ,repeat ..... You are probably right that they are coming by because the CO visit is close . Things will go back to off the radar after his visit is over is my guess.

If they do run into you in public and ask to come by for an encouraging call .....DO NOT ACCEPT ......I made that mistake . Just thank them for their concern and let them know you will call if you need anything .

Just a heads up if you don't want to go back then don't let them back in your life even for a minute .

Always remember your personal life does not need to be open to those you do not choose to discuss it with . It really is YOUR choice.

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
  • Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

Thanks everyone! Appreciate all the helpful advice.

HBH does mean "Home-But-Hiding". I used to write it on my territory record slip when I knew someone was at home and not responding.

Baltar447--I am baptized and have been since 1988. I have always been one of those super reliable, very knowledgeable JW's and I think people are confused as to why I have just fallen off the face of the earth. What I am finding surprising about people is that they have no concept that there are two ways about it. In talking to my brothers (who are still in-step with the celestial chariot;) it never enters anyones mind that it's not the truth. So it never enters their mind that someone would choose to leave.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Its deplorable that back when your family had those troubles that good Christian cong couldnt arrange for some help for your dad and invalid mum instead of just being so critical..too much to hope for I spose.

Loz x

• LV101
    LV101

WHAT A BUNCH OF PIGS THEY WERE AND ARE. too bad people can't call the police when they're stalking/bugging people on their property. it should be illegal for them to be on your property w/out being invited.

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

I have been thinking of investing in a no trespassing sign, but I am afraid that may seem a bit obvious. I am trying for subtlety!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Answer the door, have a smile on your face, and greet them, tell them thank you but no thanks, keep smiling, bid them goodbye and close the door.

They'll be wondering why you're so happy.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

HBH... .I still write that on my collections work orders for my cable customers.. LOL

DO NOT HIDE

I do not hide on the rare occasions that they show up here and I happen to be home. Why should I? I put the word out through back channels that if they harassed me or my fiancee or her son or caused her distress that the PR problem they would have in this town of (now) under 30,000 would be bad. I answered the door awhile back one Sunday morning in my robe, my soon-to-be step son in his PJs, and my fiancee in her robe. We are not yet married and they know it. Told them we will get married when the time is appropriate. They may or may not see a public notice in the paper.

Have not been DF yet. Wonder why? Maybe I know too much. (former elder, MTS grad)

Snakes (Rich )

• blondie
    blondie

The important thing is that is your choice to answer or not. No need to hide though. Your choice to engage them in words. Regardless of what any of us do or have done on this board, it is your choice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit