Don't you DARE to get up!!

by stillin9 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• ambersun
    ambersun

I would think that if anyone found themselves in prison, the last thing on their minds would be singing Kingdom Songs, or any other songs for that matter.

Also, on the subject of forcing young children to sit through two hours of meetings designed for adults, the contrast between how children are treated at KHs and the Methodist church up the road to us is quite an eyeopener.

A couple I know who did not belong to any particular religion decided, out of curiosity, to go to the local Methodist church one Sunday with their very young daughter who had never been inside a church before. As soon as they walked in they were given a very warm welcome, but the warmest welcome of all was directed towards their little daughter. A nice, kind lady asked her if she would like to join the other children in the Sunday school while Mummy and Daddy sat in the main church listening to the Vicar. She gently took her by the hand and lead her into the adjouning room, smiling and chatting all the time to put her at her ease.

Well, the parents had a peaceful hour giving their full attention to the sermon while their daughter enjoyed herself in Sunday school learning about the bible in a gentle, fun, age related manner. When the service was over, all the children came skipping out of Sunday school with drawings of the bible characters they had been learning about during the hour. Everybody was stress free, no children had been forced to sit still on uncomfortably hard chairs staring straight ahead of them listening to a droning voice that they could not understand. The children were treated with respect and dignity, being taught in a manner appropriate to their ages and most importantly of all, made to feel welcome.

Given a choice, if I were a child I know for sure which religion I would prefer to join!!

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

It's not actually the first time they have encouraged JW's to memorize the lyrics of songs. I remember reading that in a yearbook in 2002. I actually memorized a few songs because of it. I always thought I would be able to repeat them while I was in prison.

• meangirl
    meangirl

Assholes.....I so regret ever even taking my daughter into a KH. Big deal they get up to move around and go to the bathroom. What a horrible sin. The people writing these articles have no idea about reality......

• Alfred
    Alfred

If I were "thrown in prison", I'd most definitely NOT be singing any "Kingdumb Songs"... (that would probably be the quickest way to become someone's "bitch").... seriously?

• cognac
    cognac

I'd like to go to that meeting just to yell out right when the song starts, "Break Time!!!" and then take my daughter out to run around. lol

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Stretching one's legs after sitting for long periods isn't "unnecessary," it prevents blood clots, Borg-writer. Yeah, we know some of you are here. Please find your brother that wrote this crap and tell him he's a dumbass for me. Thank you.

As for memorizing the songs, repeating rote phrases is a cult mind control trick. An old-school basic one, at that.

It is obvious they want people bored and tired because that is when they are most suggestible. The leaders at Bethel are freedom-hating fascists.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

@stillin9

...the people writing these are all probably 60 year old virgins

virgin pedophiles??

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

They may be virgins but their hands sure aren't!

• boyzone
    boyzone

Does anyone remember the famous illustration of a JW dad who took his kids to the cinema, only to make them go to the toilet every 10 minutes even if they missed the movie and didn't need to pee?

The point being that if kids need the toilet every 10 minutes at the meeting, then they should need the tiolet every 10 minutes at the cinema too.

Compare a 2 hour bible meeting with a good movie and which one would you be more interested in? Idiots.

• Medina
    Medina

It is normal for every meeting to have a smal pause after 45 Minutes, of at least 5 Minutes of pause, some drinks, some talk, and then back to be an active listener or participater. The GB is really killing the meetings, You have to sit 3 Hrs, excluding the songs, on a DC. This is a horrible thing, even grownups get sick from it, and happy to be walking and talking afterwards.

It is some kind of torture to put children away in a church for 2 hours straight, with no pause. Believe me, I always needed the support of a small break.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit