Witnesses are saying "END IS RIGHT NOW!"

by free2beme 104 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I have Witness friends telling me, that this is the END right now! That this globel issue of the nations of Egypt, Libya and others ... is the sign they looked for. Now with what is happening in the USA, Wisconsin to be exact, more trouble is rising and this is IT. Yet I asked them, "Isn't something key missing?"

Namely, "ANY one, ANY media, ANY government, etc. Mentioning the Witnesses. AT ALL!!!" I mean, isn't it supposed to be a key moment, that Babylon the Great and the governments of the world would turn on the Witnesses? I have not heard them mentioned one time, not even a story that had them mentioned in the same breath with these events. I hear about Muslims, and Unions ... but no Witnesses???

So how is this the end??? Oh wait, everything is the end ... right?

• Snowboarder
    Snowboarder

what about the 1990's the fall of the soviet union and commie systems and the Yugoslav wars and all the trobble of the early 90's in europe what did they say back then?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

It reminds me of a story about a woman that was convinced that Armageddon was going to happen in October 1914. She tried to convert her wealthy son, but he said, "Mother, I will prove to you that this religion is a bunch of hog wash. I am going to build you a house, and you are going to move into the house in NOVEMBER of 1914.

As we all know, 1914 came and went and nothing happened. In Novemember of 1914 the son completed the house and the mother moved in. She refused to give up her JW beliefs. She lived in that house until her death many many years later.

The ones that think THIS is the end...well there is nothing biblical to support their view. I guess once you hang around a false prophet for so long, you start to creat your own. Too bad for them

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

We are in the END right now. Didnt you know that? you are behind in news my friend. We have been preaching that for over 100 years.

• unshackled
    unshackled

I seem to recall the FDS said two events would mark the end times... 1. government would turn on religion 2. government would proclaim "peace and security!". When those two things happened "then the end would come".

This was 80s/90s when I remember them printing that. Are they still sticking to that, especially the "peace and security proclamation? Doesn't fit with their love of seeing bad things happen in the world. If they enjoy disasters, political turmoil, and planes flying into buildings so much...then when/where is the announcement of "peace and security" going to come?

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

But it is reasonable to conclude that the Mideast upheavel and all other powderkegs could possibly lead to World War III, or set up a scenario whereby the world's economies collapse, all of which could be construed as a great tribulation, which they would be. I think it is unreasonable to conclude that it could not happen; anyone who believes that it won't happen doesn't know history, or the story of man and his inclinations. The sad part is the Watchtower hijacking natural world events and labeling their occurance as vindication of their theories, or claiming that they alone have been predicting end times and hard times to the exclusion of all others, which is a natural consequence of living with heads in the sand.

• flipper
    flipper

Yep. It's " the end " - just like it was 132 years ago in 1879 when C.T. Russell continued what William Miller started in 1848 or whatever. If there is never any " end " I'd like to see the " beginning " of how long it's been that humans have been predicting " the end ". Probably as long as humans have been on this planet

• ssn587
    ssn587

PO mentioned it being the end due to what was happening in MidEast, so he didn't want any of us to be surprised. Yeah sure same ole same ole BS

• villabolo
    villabolo

" This is like Deja Vu all over again."

Y ogi Berra

Viilabolo

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I remember the very detailed list of events that HAD to take place before the big a: Preaching work FULLFILLED, a turn on False religion (with only JW's left) great tribulation, peace and security and a bunch of other crap!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit