2011 Convention Theme

by dozy 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dozy
    dozy

The 2011 Convention theme is..................(drum roll)

"Let God's Kingdom Come."

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Come where?

thank you, good night. tip your waitress.

• d
    d

Funny when are they not saying that? They said it back in the 90's and they are saying it now.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

That seems to imply we can stop it if we want to...

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

The theme is written so that it seems that they are asking for IT to come... They seem to be desparate already thinking "it should've come by now" but nothing is happening. Now they are pleading for the "kingdom to come".

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sounds like they are begging at this point. After waiting so long and God not listening to all of their prior predictions, I cant blame them.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Some 36 years after 1975's arrival, the WTS is attempting to inject some energy into its weary troops. What good will it do? Will JWs come away from next summer's district conventions reenergized and more determined than ever to preach house-to-house? Will the kingdom be any more real than it has been in past years/decades? I can hear the talk in the different congregations now as people try to get others excited about the convention program and how nice it will be to see old friends again, etc. For myself, this will be the sixth consecutive year I won't be going and all I can say about that is, "HALLELUJAH!!"

• therevealer
    therevealer

It's a subliminal message. It blames the rank and file for not letting the kingdom come because of their lack of obedience. It's a command from them to not/or stop standing in the way of the kingdom coming. By not taking a stronger stand for the gb Jah can't decide if he has enough votes to take out satan without the "you weren't fair" defense. You know how they excuse Jah for allowing the system to continue because he doesn't want anyone to be able to say "you didn't allow enough time for satan to prove he could sway more of mankind to his side". It is a sad defense anyway. Satan has won. Twice. Jah had to admit defeat back in noah's day. And it doesn't look good for him in our day either.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Putting Faith In Gods Victorious Organization Where All Apostates Are To Be Destroyed.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Creating a continuing sense of urgency is just going to make the troops weary!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit