Elder Missing 24 hours...

by sleepingbeauty 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

His car has been spotted some 150 miles away

run Forrest!!!

one less. maybe he woke up. maybe he snapped.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I hope that he is okay. The brothers have so much more pressure on them then the sisters.

• nugget
    nugget

Beachy head is a well know sucide spot in East Sussex near Eastborne. The cliff edge is treacherous and the wind up on the cliff top can push you closer to the edge than you intend to go. It is beautiful but dangerous.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I hope that he is okay. The brothers have so much more pressure on them then the sisters."

I don't know about that Joliett, sisters have a lot to do Plus deal with the children and household

responsibilities

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

That's eerie,hopefully he's just off contemplating his life.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I do hope he's okay,,if he's having a "crisis." We need him to survive. If he was on the way to a meeting, to be 150 miles away is suspect. We have thousands of stories here and several other sites, personal experiences. But we need them all. We understand. He needn't feel alone.

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

I know Gayle.. I was kinda hoping that he was one of those lurking on this site? If he is lurking I hope he has come to a satisfactory conclusion that there is life after JWdom ! Tee Hee

• breathing
    breathing

i knew one that did a runner, yes he'd had a breakdown, but boy he probably needed one! and he hasnt gone back to the area or his family 4 years on, hes made a new life elsewhere, minus the religion,

do hope your elder man is doing the same, and finding some goddam freedom, cant imagine living a lie as an elder, that must be difficult, but then again, we all have different ways of being in and getting out

whatever it takes eh, boy that religion does push people to the extreme,

• carla
    carla

Maybe he ran away to Illinois!

(seriously, I hope the man is ok)

• flipper
    flipper

SLEEPING BEAUTY- How strange. I can't recall if you said this guy is married, or has children. But nevertheless hopefully he's O.K. If he's considering getting rid of his elder position he's definitely pondering deeply. It doesn't bode well that his car was found near cliffs where high incidents of suicide occur. The JW cult puts such pressure on members who face the prospect of losing family relationships if exiting the cult. It's amazing more Witnesses exiting don't off themselves.

But Gayle is right- this guy needs to stay alive and see that freedom of mind is so much more rewarding with a better future than what the WT society has been handing him, basically lies. Keep us posted. Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit