Elder Missing 24 hours...

by sleepingbeauty 41 Replies latest jw friends

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

A brother I know of was made up as an elder only some mere 6 weeks ago. Out the blue he has gone total AWOL and has now been missing over 24 hours. I wonder if the stress of becoming an elder at 27 yrs old got to him !!! Hope its a sign he's woken up to the real truth & its not a sign some other accident/trauma has happened.. :0

• Gayle
    Gayle

does he have family?

• Scooby-Doo
    Scooby-Doo

Wow, 27 years old. I've never met one that young before.

I hope he is found safe and well.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I really Hope wherever he is he is alright,

if anything I hope he came across this site

at that young age it's probable

• nugget
    nugget

It seems to me they must be getting desperate for spiritual men to push someone through so young. Poor man is he at home or totally missing in action? If missing I hope the police are aware it may be something less benign than waking up to a cult.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I hope the guy is ok, my gut tells me he just needed to temporarily bail out from under the weight of the responsibilty he's been given. It's quite a load to have to sit on Jehovah's throne to judge people to Gehenna. Maybe the utter ridiculousness of taking on the title of "elder" at age 27 was a bit overwhelming.

How long before they appoint a teenage "elder"?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It is so unfair to shove that upon someone who it only 27 years old!

Esp because all of the older burnouts will shove all the crap stuff on him. At least until he learns to say NO, or until he snaps, which would be unusual to happen so soon just 6 weeks after appointment. But he was already loaded down.

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

Hmmm, 27 seems about to normal to me. I had a cousin training as substitute CO at 26, and my Presiding Overseer in the Spanish Hall I attended was 28.

• snakeface
    snakeface

I thought men had to be 30 to be appointed elder, and 18 to be appointed MS. I guess that has changed.

The last 3 or 4 years I was in, I did see a pattern of brothers getting appointed elder, then within 6 months stepping down or being "removed". It must be that the sudden increase of responsibilities brings stress upon him and his family, and disrupts their lives.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I hope he's alright. Its a lotta pressure navigating other elder's personalities and ambitions, while at the same time balancing congregational responsibilities with family. At times it get to be overwhelming. Hopefully he just decided to take a quick breather and get away from it all for a moment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit