How and when was the New Testament Compiled?

by ProdigalSon 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Isidore
    Isidore

Prodigal, if that's the way you feel, I understand. I have no interest in trading barbs or starting a mud slinging contest. You have chosen your path, and I have chosen mine. I wish you the best and peace be with you.

• Room 215
    Room 215

I wonder if there's a list somewhere of a book-by-book explanatiion of why each one either passed muster or was excluded from the canon

• Heaven
    Heaven

The True God, the Absolute, the Source of All Things is pure love and light and is infinitely bigger and better than what most religions teach.

PS, well said. I have felt this for a very long time. The Christian Holy Bible is very patriarchal and this has bothered me since my teen years. It is disharmonious.

Everything is Energy. We choose what kind of energy we wish to take in and give back. What we focus on, expands; grows bigger, and enters our lives; our very beings, and ultimately goes back out into the world. Choose wisely what you wish to take in and give back.

I would recommend to anyone that they research beyond the faith they were born into, or the faith they cleave to, in order to garner a clearer understanding of people. Keep your minds open. For me, I moved away, went to College, and gained employment at a company that is global and values diversity. I have colleagues and friends in all different faiths, cultures, religions, and walks of life, and I love it! Variety is the spice of life.

Don't let your 'faith' stop you from seeing the truth, the beauty, and the love in others.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Isidore, you are right, trading barbs and slinging mud is a lot of negative energy. We cannot undo the past, but we can learn from it and progress forward. I think there are a lot of things right in religion, including Catholicism, and also a lot of things, let's say, instead of "wrong", not fully evolved or having come to fruition. It's quite clear to me why they don't teach the masses the truth about their symbolism, and that is because it would release the common people from having a need for organized religion. They would put themselves out of business and control.

In the larger picture, while I don't believe there is a personal "God", I believe there is a Divine Hierarchy, an organizational structure, and that structure has all things fully under control. There are reasons why atrocities and deceptions are allowed that we can't yet understand. We are here to learn to become like God, and to discover that we are all part of the "I AM", our core consciousness (minus "egos") is eternal, and death is not the end by any means.

Getting back to the original post, I was disappointed when I went back to the link where I originally downloaded the book Jehovah Unmasked and found that it is no longer free. Surprising, since Nate said he wanted to make it available for all to read. Anyway, the entire book is fantastic and truly liberating to anyone who was ever a Watchtower mind-control slave, and it will help to make complete 100 percent sense of the Bible and solve the riddle of evil that mankind has been struggling with for eons.

• darth frosty
  • ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Awesome darth, thanks again!

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Just came across this quote:

"Every one knows that the Evangeliums were written neither by Jesus nor his apostles, but long after their time by some unknown persons, who, judging well that they would hardly be believed when telling of things they had not seen themselves, headed their narratives with the names of the apostles or of disciples contemporaneous with the latter."

– Bishop Fauste (Manichean heretic, 3rd century AD)
  • still thinking
    still thinking

thanks for this, some very interesting stuff

• still thinking
    still thinking

After reading The Epistle of Barnabas I can see why the Catholic church would remove it from their Canon. Here is a link so you can have a look at one translation of it yourself if you like.

I found it to be very interesting reading. This web site also includes may other books that were once included. And some not.

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/barnabas-lightfoot.html

It makes me wonder how different ther teachings and beliefs may have originally been to what they are now.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I would like to wiegh in on this since I am a Christian.

The 27 books we have that make up the New Testament were chosen because they were apostolic in origin, authorative in spiritual content, and accepted universtally among the orthodox churhes. The choosing of these "official" books was done to eliminate all the spurious gospels around at the time and the epistles written by heretical groups (which includes gnostics). These books were not chosen to "tell" early christians what they should believe, they were chosen because they already represented what the majority of the church believed. Peace, Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit