How and when was the New Testament Compiled?

by ProdigalSon 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

marking

• wobble
    wobble

BTTT

• Heaven
    Heaven

Prodigal Son... thank you for posting this.

These councils were convened to decide, by vote, which of the dozens of gospels and epistles available to the church hierarchy would be regarded as Scripture.

This is exactly how the GB operates.

When I realized just how much I had been lied to in life, especially about the whole Bible being the word of God and I'll burn or lose out if I don't tow the line BS, I had to start a major league sifting process. Some just throw it all out and start over.

I now distrust anyone of any sort of 'religious' affiliation. They all seem to have an agenda. It usually includes one of power over the people, control, and manipulation for their own benefit. Follow the money trail. I often wondered why the Jewish people didn't accept Christ as their saviour. I'm starting to understand.

Relevancy is key for me. So is connection and resonance. What happened thousands of years ago means very little to me in the present time. I want to and choose to live in the here and now. Without doing any research, you just have to read the Bible to know there is something seriously wrong with it. Just like the JW religion.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Oh my God, if even half of this is true, much of the New Testament appears to be an inside joke among the negative initiates. How embarrasing for Christians. How embarrassing that any of us ever believed it. Thanks so much darth frosty for posting this....

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_piso02b.htm

In Luke 3:26, 'Joseph' is spelled 'Josech'. Attempts have been made to explain this away as a copyist's error. These people who were writing the gospels pretended to be backward Galalean disciples, playing their part to the hilt. In their roles as backward disciples they couldn't be too fluent in Greek, they 'had' to misspell things at times. And in so doing, they made use of those mis-spellings. This one combined the first half of the name 'Josephus' with the acrostic initial for 'Christ'. Meaning, of course, 'Josephus is Christ'.

This is why I love the gnostic or allegorical interpretation of the Bible... we can't go wrong if we put ourselves in Christ's shoes.... trust me it isn't blasphemy. He said we must pick up our own cross and deny ourselves... learn to put others first instead of ourselves. This is the parable of the sheep and goats. David Wilcock and many channelers have said that if we can just achieve 51 percent "service-to-others", we're ready for the shift.

Heaven....and clarity.... you're very welcome

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Bookmarked I'll be back

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Larsinger, look! It's John and Paul sheperding the NT:

• superpunk
    superpunk

@ Larsinger

wtf?????

• smiddy
    smiddy

So much to take in Will keep for further reading

smiddy

• garyneal
    garyneal

marked

• tec
    tec

Darthfrosty, wow! Talk about conspiracy theories :)

I knew about how the NT was compiled. But I wonder why it comes as a surprise sometimes to witnesses. Don't they already teach that people tampered with words (such as at the beginning of John), or changed things to suit their meaning? I assumed they knew that the Catholic church voted in what to keep and what to discard as well, or perhaps I was wrong about that.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit