Did you make very good comments at the Kingdom Hall?

by Iamallcool 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• pontoon
    pontoon

I think my talks were great but my comments sucked.

lol @ "good comments." In the Jehovah's Witness context, that's an oxymoron, inasmuch as the "comments" are nothing more than regurgitated propaganda from the Watchtower cult.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Re: Did you make very good comments at the Kingdom Hall?

Was this some kind of vindictive question to suggest that the reason people who left this organization didn't study the articles

properly, written by the WTS ?

• designs
    designs

My comments were so good I convinced myself to never go back

• sabastious
    sabastious

The very best. I expect nothing less.

(ah! karma!)

-Sab

• cantleave
    cantleave

Commrnting kept me awake.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Commrnting kept me awake.

You just reminded me of another reason why I didn't comment.

W

• AGuest
    AGuest

Some thought so, dear llamacool (peace to you!)... some didn't. I don't know if you would consider it "good," but one comment in particular got exuberant head nods AND and frowns/eye rolling at the same time. It was that the Law was not a window, but a mirror... and that we (JWs) would all do better if we concentrated on looking at ourselves IN it... rather than always trying to look at others THROUGH it. The reaction was greatly mixed, but very obvious as to which camp folks belonged to. Of course, the Conductor lost his composure... for what seemed like several minutes. Apparently, things became very awkward for some.

Otherwise, I did try to stick to the "answer" in the paragraph but that was really difficult... and so most times I failed. Of course.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

Ah, the guilt that if you didn't answer you didn't love god and you were just being selfish....

So my heart would race as I raised my hand, hating every moment of it. Then the intense relief when it was over, or the dread because I didn't get called on and felt guilted into trying again. Then once my dreaded answering hell was over with and I felt spiritually smug, I then started elbowing NLW so he could feel the guilt about not commenting. NLW liked to wait until the last moment because answering was hell on him too. That and he would give me the excuse that he only liked to answer if he felt that he had something good to add. Then if NLW didn't answer, I would feel upset because he was obviously being selfish and just didn't love god. LOL.

NLW's wife

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

The amount of comments I made in the KH could be counted on 1 hand.

I found the the topics were so lame & repitive, I spent most of the meetings reading othe articles or reading matter or just day dreamed, or checking out the sisters.

Very occasionaly I would comment at the BStudy, even then they were few and far between.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit