who's the boss?

by pontoon 20 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

You hit the nail dead on the head, dear MS (the greatest of love and peace to you!). At least, this is exactly what Mr. Barber intimated to me. When I tried to discuss a WT teaching, he was adamant that "The Governing Body hasn't had ANYTHING to do with the Watchtower and Awake since 1972!" When I pressed for an explanation, he said something about "everything [being] turned over to six Committees in anticipation of 1975!" He was NOT happy when he said it, either!

He said that the Committees had been set up because the GB believed 1975 was "the" year (or something like that), that "everything" went through them, and that "the WRITING Committee [was now] in charge of what goes into the publications." When the sister who accompanied me and I asked whether these men (we assumed they were all men) were "anointed" he denied that. When we asked how non-anointed could write the articles and, in essence, "feed the sheep"... he said that the information came from documents and files kept in a huge file room. He then sputtered (because he was REALLY frustrated by this time... both for his loss of power and for our interrogation), "We told everyone! It's all in video!"

Er?! The "video"? What video? Turns out it IS in the first WTBTS video (not the "Purple Heart" one but the one with the landscaping on the cover)! The sister and I watched the video as soon as our discussion with Mr. Barber was over. There are (well, were) monitors and looping videos in the lobby of the Brooklyn headquarters. So, we watched. Granted, we had to watch about 3-4 times... because the spot is SO brief that you WILL miss it if you blink! Seriously... it is about a 5-6 second statement and 10-second view... and then it's gone. Almost like those black spots you see at the movies (that some say are designed to get you to think about hitting the snack bar).

I believe Mr. Barber. I believe that these Committees took over and have run rampant, that the Writing Department is merely recycling information (I mean, is there REALLY anything "new"... other than their continued changing of dates>), and that they write what they are told to, by a higher Committee consisting of the heads of each of the six Committees and whoever is "in charge" (i.e., top execs)... based on what comes in the from the branches ("needs").

The same with the Writing dept, almost, except they could submit an article to the GB, if the GB thought it was O.K , and legal O.K'd it, it would get published. In reality, if it was a doctrinal issue being dealt with, the GB would take it away, fiddle with it, and then pretend they came up with it.

While I realize that the propoganda is that the GB have "final" approval of an article (and the Branch Manual seems to indicate that), I think the "GB" means the President and pretty much him only, if what Mr. Barber intimated is true, dear Wobble (the greatest of love and peace to you, as well!).

Look, we all know it's a sham, whether you're in or out. Has to be because ain't THAT much changing "light" so that an entire teaching on "the generation" gets stretched as it has. True, some may not want to BELIEVE it's a sham ("where are we to GO??"), but deep down inside they know something's "wrong." Unfortunately, they've been trained to follow these men... rather than their own GUT... or even Christ/Holy Spirit.

The main reason to know that it is is simply due to the many corporations, real estate holdings, etc. Seriously, WHERE is the Christ in ANY of that?? As someone stated elsewhere, what in the WORLD does Christ need with an "Educational Center"? What in the world does he need with ANY "Center"? Wasn't the temple at Jerusalem such a "Center"? It was, because initially that's where HE went to learn (although, there wasn't much the "teachers" knew!):

"After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions."

Yet, he didn't give that "Center" much credence, and apparently neither did God... as it was destroyed more than once. Sooo....

I think decisions come down to the Board of Directors and its leadership, which group also decides what to present to stockholders for vote... which group also bears some responsibility. Wonder what WTBTS stock is worth these days?

Ennywho...

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit