who's the boss?

by pontoon 20 Replies latest jw friends

• pontoon
    pontoon

Who has the most power in the borg? GB or Don Adams & his crew or borg lawyers. I say it's the lawyers.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Sorry I couldnt help it, this music went through my head when I read the title of this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPfZVSgpclw

and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HnnWhANLjk

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Nope, it MUST be the GB. Remember that even the lawyers are faithful dubs. They believe that they are following the faithful slave too.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Seriously:

I think its the lawyers running the show. I think Don Adams is just the president as a title, and the GB are the ones enforcing the spirtual doctrines eg: The generation change, etc.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Okay, Brother Dan, you know a little more then me. I wanted to say the GB but I thought the GB handed over some sort of power after 2000?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Who has the most power in the borg? GB or Don Adams & his crew or borg lawyers. I say it's the lawyers.

I'm pretty sure this fellow is the real top dog, or cat:

-Sab

• Joliette
    Joliette

I've never understood the whole attorney thing. How can a JW's be a lawyer? You have to be pretty smart to be an attorney, and how could those lawyers not know that it isnt the truth?

• pontoon
    pontoon

Joliette, you crack me up how fast you got those youtube links up. Couldn't let me stay serious for 2 mins.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

They created several corporate entities and distrubted the assets among them.

One obvious result is that the organization and its assets are less vulnerable to a major lawsuit. If the Governing Body is sued for deaths resulting from its ban on blood transfusions, the Society's factories can not be taken in a settlement, because the factories are owned by a distinct corporation. If the WTB&TS corporation is found criminally liable, the Governing Body members are safe, because they are not Directors of that corporation.

This also has obvious implications regarding their false prophecy of the 1914 generation. Since the Governing Body is no longer connected to the corporate Board of Directors, the Watchtower corporations can be run by a new generation of younger men.It basically buys them more time.

• Joliette
    Joliette

^ OMG okay, yeah I knew they handed over some type of power after the year 2000. I'll have to read your post again. Huge business side to the watchtower that the most brainwashed r&f arent aware of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit