Really annoying christian habbit

by bohm 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    What I hate is when I'm talking to my mother and I say the word god, she constantly interrupts me and says jehovah. It offends her to not use the word jehovah. That's one reason she loves the JWs, because they were the ones who taught that god has a name!

Serenity, I swear we have the same mom. What's yours look like?

Seriously, she was so offended when I told her one time I preferred to say Yahweh, since it's closer to the tetragrammaton and all. (I was being facetious.)

Another time, we were arguing and she triple Jehovah'd me: "JEHOVAH, JEHOVAH, JEHOVAH!" to which I [regretfully] countered. But we were powerless against the each others' gods.

Regarding the OP's subject, I still cap the G in god sometimes if I'm using it with Christians as a kinda proper noun instead of a title. When in Rome.... (Yes? Go on.)

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

oops. pardon me.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bohm, good thread!!!

But I gotta ask...

Is a "habbit" like a "Hobbit"???

Inquiring "Lord of the Rings" fans want to know...

• bohm
    bohm

SBC, "jehova'd me", im going to remember that phrase -- "I totally jehova'd two apostates in FS today. they we all like: 'why does your brochure misquote scientists and distort evidence?' and i was like: 'JEHOVAH JEHOVAH, biatch'".

zid, more like SHUTIT!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Lol@ bohm. That's how it's done where I come from! Someone needs to add that to the urban dictionary.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    she triple Jehovah'd me: "JEHOVAH, JEHOVAH, JEHOVAH!"

OMG! That sounds exactly like something my mom would say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit