Really annoying christian habbit

by bohm 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bohm
    bohm

I know this is minor, but it bug me and I wonder if any fellow atheists have noticed it to.

Im talking about the random capatalization.

Like i can understand why you would write God with a big 'g', but whats up with writing He or Him or the Holy One or Lord or whatever?

I often have observed the random capatlization begin to creep into a thread, like first its a trickle, and all of a sudden it goes completely overboard and its HE or HIM or THE LORD or GOD or HOLY ONE. And as it does, the sence begin to leave -- i will se two "He"'s and expect a completely non-sensical theological argument.

just saying...

• sabastious
    sabastious

It's no small thing. If they didn't capitalize God's "He's" or "Him's" he'd be super pissed because he knows he's the sh*t.

I never capitalize them since I don't believe our creator is the First Cause.

-Sab

• tec
    tec

LOL!

You need thicker skin if that really annoys you ;) It's just done out of respect. Perhaps it isn't necessary, but it also isn't done to annoy other people.

Tammy

• bohm
    bohm

tammy, hey, we keep check on what your guys are up to :-).

• james_woods
    james_woods

What bugs me more are these new-age TV "christians" that get together in a church-in-the-round and sing while half closing their eyes, looking up at the ceiling, and holding both hands in the air.

It looks more insanely cult-like than a pack of JWs working door to door.

• bohm
    bohm

james, i often think i would have a damn hard time showing that kind of entusiasm for anything sunday morning! its not natural!

• Lore
    Lore

It annoys me that they DONT capitalize those words when talking about me. "Boy that Lore... He sure is a great Guy" "Yeah someday I'd like to meet Him, since He's so awesome."

Show some respect you people!

One time a christian was typing with the capslock on, (as they are prone to do) and he accidentally hit shift before typing 'god' out of habit and he was struck down by lightning on the spot. The police found him laying facedown on his keyboard with the words on his screen:

ONLY IF YOU REPENT AND LOVE gOD CAN YOU BE SAVMJJMHU

(They assume the 'mjjmhu' at the end was from when his face hit the keyboard.)

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I'm annoyed by the whole 'believing in god' thing.

• tec
    tec

Laughing at LORE.

Bohm!!!! Look what you started!!!!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    james, i often think i would have a damn hard time showing that kind of entusiasm for anything sunday morning! its not natural!

I once found a half a bottle of champagne on a Sunday morning in the refrigerator that was still fizzy, and did not get THAT excited.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit