Really annoying christian habbit

by bohm 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I dislike saying "Jehovah" now so much. It's just a way for the Witnesses to say "Lookie us, lookie here, we're different, we're better than you and we have this oddball name!"

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, it irritates me, too.

It's like they are self-righteously yelling the words at you.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    This sounds like a child defending Santa Clause, doesn't it?

You should see her when she says it too! She gets all happy, "they were the ones who taught me that my god has a name!"

It offends me that you didn't capitalize Jehovah. Such disrespect.

Yep, exactly. Maybe if he had answered even one of my prayers growing up I wouldn't feel this way.

Really should have been in all caps

lol!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Remind them that jehovah is a catholic church invention, a babylonish chimera.

S

• Mat
    Mat

I recon teh bible should be written with "God" written with a small G in every instence since it would be more consistent with the original language. Hebrew did not make any such distinktion

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Yeah Mat, about that. I love how almost al Witnesses think they know Greek and Hebrew because the WTS interprets a few words for them in a very um...self serving manner.

Finding how self serving their scholarship is about Hebrew and Greek was one of the really shocking things for me. I started talking to people who really speak Hebrew, for instance. They're called Jews and Hebrew hasn't changed awfully much. They laugh at how the WTS translates scriptures for their own purposes.

Same with Greek. An honest Greek scholar would find the NWT a huge joke. It's Propaganda Bible for the WTS, that's all. Some other Bibles have the same problem, of course. A good many of them were translated by a man or backed by a church who wanted it's teachings or agendas supported, especially in the New Testament.

The mistranslation and skewing of Pauls words to condemn homosexuality in a few scriptures in particular is very disturbing and has caused untold misery and violence.

Witnesses are no different than some others, they put in there what they want. Where religion is concerned, there's too much at stake not to. There is some religious honesty out there, and a few honest translations without underlying agendas, but it's not easily found when you're at the mercy of others to find it.

And then you have to wade through archaic language, mysticism, begats, Jewish history... I can see why people give up on reading the Bible and just let someone else like the WTS figure it out for them. It's a lot easier. Wrong, but easier. LOL

I found out enough to know they're dead wrong about some stuff...good enough for me.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Well, sometimes it's better to capitalize. For example, in the next phrase: "He [OBVES] knows he's not His [God's] prophet; he [OBVES] is just throwing numbers. Maybe one day He [God] will get fed up and kick all the religious nuts in their nuts".

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

I think atheists/agnostics should follow the example of christians -

"The other day I went to my refrigerator to grab a snack, but unfortunately there was Nothing to eat."

- Lime

• zoiks
    zoiks

HintOfLime- Ha! That's funny in at least two ways

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Here's another annoying christian (lowercase) habit:

2 men were turned away at the Creation Museum who wanted to hear the founder speak...and they're not even GAY! Bigotry and homophobia may be allowed at a private couples function after hours at a privately-funded "museum," but they didn't even get their $71.90 admission refunded! That's just wrong!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/02/21/2-men-denied-admission-event-creation-museum/?test=latestnews

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit