by chase 51 Replies latest jw friends

• chase
    chase

new here. so is everyone here a jaded ex or is it a mixed crowd? i am DA. with an overzelous mom. i still hold certain positions but have a lot of questions that can not be answerd with, "because god said so". also it is nice to hear from others with a similar background.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Welcome Chase!

Glad to have you on board. We're a motley crew, some at the beginning of the awakening and resulting pain and others somewhere along the way toward acceptance. Anger, sadness, depression ... but lots of help and comfort available. And, yes, some of us still attend the meetings and hold positions in the congregation. The adjustment to a new reality takes time ...

Please take advantage of the help offered here and soon you'll be able to return the favor, offering encouragement to ones newer than yourself!

Best wishes,

CoCo

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I can post now. Chase, I posted this in a new thread because I was unable to post here for some reason. It's fixed now, so I'll just paste my comment here too.

For some reason, I couldn't post on your thread. It's been happening quite frequently, so it's easier to just start this new thread.

WELCOME CHASE. I look forward to hearing your story. You'll find the members here are all over the board. There is a general push to keep things honest, so when a member get's a bit hyperbolic, someone will generally offer a balanced view. It's best to just be tolerant. People are working through a lot of issues here, and everyone is at a different spot on that road.

Welcome again!

NC

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Chase wrote: so is everyone here a jaded ex or is it a mixed crowd?

It's a very mixed crowd. Some disgruntled. Some Disfellowshipped. Some Disassociated. Some currently active (even elders~!) - but no longer believe the org is 'Jehovah's sole channel of communication'. Some are still pretty die-hard (apologetics). Some are dating a witness. Some are just here because they like us.

Welcome to our little corner of cyber-space. It really is a good place to be. Most will identify with your JW 'issues'. Some will challenge you, but that's OK, too.

Nice to have you join us.

-Aude Sapere (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding)

PS: For some reason, the 'ReplyBox' was not visible for me in IE. For other reading this who want to comment, there is a 'PostReply' button at the top of the screen (near where you can choose a NewTopic) and on the same line where it says 'ActiveTopics'.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

I'm a fading ex-bethelite, ex-elder, now returned to college.

• mamamo
    mamamo

Welcome, I DA'd myself 20 years ago. Had some problems with some beliefs, role of women, etc. Found this website about a year and a half ago.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and a big welcome. We're a mixed bunch on here, I'm Dfd, but the forum has been good for me I hope you benefit too.

Loz x

• chase
    chase

thanks for the warm reception. this site is much cozier than other social networks. i was the last person in my family attending, unfortunatly i did not fit in with the "crowd". the established bros hated the fact that some sisters were members of the chase fanclub.

• chase
    chase

why is my profile a crab person?

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome Chase and Faceface!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit