facebook will be the end of me!!

by finallyfree! 15 Replies latest jw friends

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

so lately ive been getting friend requests from jw's who i knew from before i faded. now my mom is on facebook and just sent a friend request, ya cant ignore your moms request...lol!. i will accept her and this will probably be the end to my fade. i know ill get some questions about my photos being out with worldly girls at bars drinking. oh and i think i have a few pics of me smoking too. talk about a reality check. i could go and limit their access, etc, but i just dont care anymore and thats all there is to it. long live the freedom to be what you want!!

thanks alot facebook. i couldnt have done it without ya!!

• alanv
    alanv

Good for you finally free. As long as you are sure you do not mind JWs knowing your life now. Remember Facebook pictures may show that you should be disfellowshipped. You need to be sure that is ok with you

• cantleave
    cantleave

Facebook helped end our fade too. TBH - it's not a bad thing, you can get get on with your life once you have been outed.

• nugget
    nugget

If you are ready for the consequences then have no fear if there is a small part of you that thinks your mum would be upset to find out the extent of your fade then think very carefully about how you proceed. If she is likely to shun then it is better to ignore the facebook request and if she asks state that you don't use facebook that much so haven't seen it.

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

yeah i really dont care. lol! ive had the religion discussion with my folks before and i sent em both with their tales between their legs. they basically dont try to preach to me anymore as i have made it abundantly clear that i dont wanna be pissed on and told its raining. they got the point but told me that theyd have to do what they have to do if i get diffed. i said no problem, we all have to do what we gotta do. it sux tho cuz im close with my parents but i will not live a lie for their sakes. on the plus side, maybe their shunning tactic will backfire. like i toldem, "my door will always be open to non-believers" as long as you respect me for who i am and not what i believe"

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Countdown to "I've Been Disfellowshipped" thread in 5...... 4...... 3......

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

List your religion as "atheist" that works well too! lol

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

There was some advice on here a while back, on how to set up your facebook so that only selected friends get to see everything, the rest only getting what you allow.

Somewhere in your preferences, there should be the options you can use.

Sorry I can't be more specific, I deal with mine by just not using it.

• mamalove
    mamalove

You can block certain pics from certain people, then preview how it will look to them. Worth a try if you dont mind spending a few minutes on that.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Facebook privacy settings are very useful for a fader, IMO. You can click on "Account", then "Edit Friends". Once there, click on "Create a List", and choose all of the friends that you would like to restrict access to.

I have a list called "Dubs", and those people can only see the minimum available information, some photos, and that's about it. Works for me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit