Jack Barr, immortal? More from the Watchtower of May 15, 2011

by dgp 45 Replies latest social humour

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Since the body is not raised and they do NOT beleive in an immortal soul what exactly is raised, what exactly becomes immortal. What is it that puts on immortality??

The JWs actually don't have a resurrection doctrine; they have a recreation doctrine that is called "resurrection" because that is the term used in the Bible. But it is not the same thing as resurrection, as there is no continuity of existence between the person who died and the person who is recreated from God's memory. It doesn't matter how brief the interval is if death is nonexistence, as the Society teaches.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

and they poke and make fun of the catholics?

• Joliette
    Joliette

Dedicated to Jack Barr and all other dead GB members, buried at the launching pad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcL---4xQYA

Buuuut, I dont think this is where they are going...I think there going to another place.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Does anyone have a link to the article?

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I would like to clarify that I am in no way making fun of Jack Barr. He is dead and deserves respect.

No he doesn't. Fuck him. He was a major player in a religion who made decisions that KILLED people, ruined familiies, destroyed lives, caused unnecessary paranoia and stress, screwed up kids, trashed the normal opportunities for people to educate themselves and advance a little in life and didn't fight to help people he was in a position to help. He fought for the Corporation and didn't give a shit about the people who supported that Corporation.

FUCK Jack Barr.

Farkel

• Joliette
    Joliette

^ Yeah, when its all said and done I agree with Farkel.

No matter how much someone tries to make it seems that their religion is perfect and flawless, (not just with the dubs but with other religions also) theres always something that the person representing the religious organization is trying to hide. My parents see the leaders of this organization as being men who have made mistakes, but men who are humble, men who have admitted that their made mistakes, men who always care about 'the little people,' men who truly care about their fellow men and neighboor BLAH BLAH BLAH ( I cant speak for all rank and file) JW's but I know for a fact that the men (the GB, president, watchtower heavies, etc) on top DONT GIVE A FUCK! All they care about is keeping the rank and file in check so they can keep living their comfortable, tax free lives. And their gonna say what they have to say to keep you there, ex: playing on your emotions, using the bible to make you feel gulity, making you feel guilty for not going out in field service, making you feel unworthy.

I was listening to a talk by anthony morris called the birdcatcher, and I know for a fact that they know WAAAAY MORE then what they are 'pretending' that they dont know. Dont believe it when they get up on a stage and say what they say, because their only saying it to keep you there and to keep you in check, and to keep you submissive.

When its all said and done, its just business as usual with those guys. And so what if its 'so organized' like my parents like to say. You can have sloppy bullshit, you have organized bullshit. Either way, its still all bullshit when its all said and done.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I thought he was only immortal after the 1000 year reign? As it stands now, he's angelic as a spirit creature, but only after the 1000 year reign does he surpass angels. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. By the way who cares, Radiohead just released their new album tonight!!!!!

• freetosee
    freetosee

miseryloveselders, if I remember correctly I think it was the climax book that said, when the anointed go to heaven they receive a crown and immortality. Thats because they have already proven themselves faithful (James 1:12).

The great crowd and all the resurrected ones receive the right to live forever after the 1000 years, if they prove faithful during the final test.

fts

• freetosee
    freetosee

in the wt literatur only jehovah, jesus and the 144000 are depicted wearing crowns. According to the wt Barr is now a heavenly king, priest and judge and surpasses the angels, even the seraphim and cherubin.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/99/313299348_1e0b31aa52.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MZB5nG8G8i4/RbGnuxF1xAI/AAAAAAAAAJc/5-F5yL9Y_CY/s200/Revelation%2520003.jpg[Revelation+15,+7.jpg]

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

i bet i know why they are "immortalizing" all these governing body motherfockers....wait....wait.....cuz as these old farts really start dying off, then we'll have real kings to worship in heaven!!! nevermind jesus christ. we'll have all the bullshitters from new york all regrouped in heaven whom we can worship and give thanks to everyday!! and they can continue to direct the crooked wts business from heaven when theyre all dead. the worst part is that the rank and file jw would prolly eat it all up.

lol! just sayin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit