HELP Why dont we hear God/Angels

by frigginconfused 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Ive heard time and time again that The GB does its best because "as we all know" God doesnt talk to us anymore.

So my question is this...Is there and scriptual evidence that God has said he will be cutting off all communication to us. All prophecy is done and the bible is the end all be all?

Unless the bible specificly states that God and the angels are silent then thats a huge game changer.

How is the food gonna be fed to us at the propper time unless we get new communication.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

That's a pretty good point frigginconfused. I don't htink it says anywhere in the Bible that it would end being the case that God would stop talking to his people.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

I have no idea how to find this out. I truely hope somone can help.

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

joel 2:28-32-spirit to be pour out, dreams and visions. before day of wrath.

mal 5:4 - elijah to come before the great day.(was it or john the bapt nor not?research) i think elijah went to heaven on a chariot of fire.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

strymeckirules Yeah theres 2 scritures of the pouring out of holy spirit with dreams in old me and visions in young. seems like the bible is actually saying we will hear from God again.

• Listener
    Listener

W 52 4/15
    However, these miraculous manifestations of the spirit were to cease: “Love never fails. But whether there are gifts of prophesying, they will be done away with; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will be done away with. For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially; but when that which is complete arrives, that which is partial will be done away with. When I was a babe, I used to speak as a babe, to think as a babe, to reason as a babe; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the traits of a babe.”—1 Cor. 13:8-11,

NW.

The purpose of these miraculous gifts upon the infant church was to get it started and established, to show God’s transfer of his spirit from the Jewish Mosaic Law organization to the new Christian system of things. After it had grown out of its infancy and maturely stood on its own feet, these miraculous gifts would no longer be practiced. They would not be needed. That is why the miraculous gifts are not with the Christian organization today. Without such aids the mature church, fortified with advanced Scriptural knowledge and fulfillments of many prophecies, can preach a convincing message and make progress with those having hearing ears. It still has the holy spirit upon it, but that spirit is manifested in a different way, primarily by love and all the other associated fruits mentioned in Galatians 5:22, 23 and 1 Corinthians 13:4-7.

Apparantly it's an 'evidently' conclusion

W 2009 5/1

[Footnote]
    Evidently, with the death of the apostles, the transmittal of the gifts ended, and the miraculous gifts of the spirit ceased altogether as those who had received these gifts died.
    Paul didn't indicate when these gifts would be done away with and if it was to help serve in proving the message was from God/Jesus then it would be possible that it hasn't been done away with yet
  • cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

They speak at a different frecuency than us.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

You want to look in a 2000 year old book to find out why any of the events described in the book haven't ever happened again since the book was written?

The question is the answer.

• hasmat
    hasmat

Our God is near to those who trust in him and who, with their whole heart, seek him. And he will make all men know his Word eventually. He does this by his holy spirit. - Compare: Proverbs 1:22-24 (Isaiah 26:9 and Isaiah 59:21) ( Ezekiel 36:27)

His spirit is helping us make sure of all things. 1 Corinthians 2:9-11

Without God's spirit, we could not be believers in God or the Chosen One he sent with his WORD.

God's spirit helps us wake up, and opens the eyes and ears toward the sayings of Christ. I see evidence of God's spirit working in our day.

1 Corinthians 12:3
    Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit."

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Listener Funny they make that point off that scripture. Their reading comprehension sucks! 1 Cor. 13:8-11, reads completley different to me. heres my breakdown...

All prophecy was partial. When humanity has matured and is ready to be a "man" they will come forth with full understanding and complete prophecy. That scripture looks to me like in the last days there will be communication from God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit