Another" Windowless Kingdom Hall" thread..

by Snoozy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Well, I have talked to a few people and no one knows of any Kingdom halls that have no or little windows. Does anyone here have an address or picture of one they have seen?

I tried doing a search but it looks like the only one commenting on them are ex JW's..

Any info anyone?

Snoozy

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

One of the articles , discussions I found. Notice the reply of JR Brown when asked about them:

Gaze out your portal and ponder that while we chat with ex-Jehovah's Witness Paul Blizard, now a Southern Baptist pastor in West Virginia and prominent critic of his former faith, which he likens to a cult.
    "They put no windows in because people have a tendency to look out the window rather than focus on the platform in front," he said. "It's just part of the mind control of The Watchtower [headquarters]: having members riveted toward the platform rather than having any distractions."
    Not true, says J.R. Brown, national spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses.
    "Our halls vary with the climate and security concerns of a region. For example in the Caribbean they are open-air . . . but in the United States we have given quite a bit of attention to security and vandalism, so we will build halls without windows. And air-conditioning is expensive [with more windows]."
    Headquarters in New York usually offers a half dozen designs to a congregation looking to build a hall because it's cost-effective, he added.
    But . . . what . . . about . . . the . . . . mind . . . control?
    "We do feel that if you are going to benefit from a session going on, you should look at the speaker and focus on him. . . . Jesus said to pay attention to how you listen," Brown said. "But these are practical suggestions; as far as using a windowless structure to force that point of view, that's a figment of someone's imagination.
    "We honestly feel we are not a cult. Our membership is based on people who voluntarily want to learn and dedicate their lives to God."

Snoozy, looking for a Kingdom Hall with no windows..

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Snoozy..looking for a KH with no windows...

Just to be clear: You've never seen a Kingdom Hall with no windows?

• sabastious
    sabastious

I'm pretty sure the one I grew up in had no windows.

-Sab

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Pretty sure?...lol

JR's comment on mind control was priceless...

Snoozy

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I've been inside at least one dozen Kingdom Halls with no windows.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Fareham Kingdom hall has no windows except on the external door - they are barred for protection.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I've been inside at least one dozen Kingdom Halls with no windows.

The reason seems obvious: it's way cheaper and less time consuming to build walls without windows.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Of course, having no windows has got to kill your resale value.

-Sab

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I have seen only two KHs with windows, but I have seen so many KHs without windows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit