Another" Windowless Kingdom Hall" thread..

by Snoozy 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

I've helped to build dozens, all without windows. Only a couple came close to having windows. The city required them to at least have some glass block to let some natural light in. The city also required them to make the grounds bicycle friendly (trying to be eco-friendly), and the congregation was ing general not happy about that.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

If you do a google search you can find a ton of KHs with windows.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its important to note that some buildings purchased by the WTS. were at one time used for other

purposes, even other Church dominations.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

The Kingdom Hall in Hampshire was a quickbuild and we built it with no windows.

We whited out the windows of the Pizza Parlour we converted in Spain.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I can think of 3 halls that have no windows, but they're in areas with a lot of crime. Most of the halls I was in have windows.

W

• blondie
    blondie

Buildings without windows were very unlikely before the days of HVAC. With the use of HVAC, many KHs were built without windows because HVAC did not require windows, buildings are cheaper to building w/o windows, insurance is lower for buildings without windows due to crime, or the building plan is provided by the WTS.

In this area, 12 KHs were built since 1984. All but 2 have no windows at all. Older halls are more likely to have windows.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have seen both. The ones I attended all had windows, but I visited several that didn't.

• brotherunsure
    brotherunsure

Here they have windows but they are covered with curtains and it's not like anybody is allowed to get up in the middle of a meeting and go look out them or anything so they might as well not have any.

• satinka
    satinka

Windows got smashed/vandalized often at KHs---you know---the old persecution complex. I used to attend a windowless KH.

satinka

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Here in south oz at least, i have never seen one without windows.

i wouldn't think the WT has a 'no window' policy as a whole. Sure some states or building commitees may favour certain designs.

for 'apostates' (like Blizzard) to push that they have no windows as part of 'mind control' is bad form. This issue is so easy to prove false that it can only further the WT Corporations stereotype of 'us'.

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit