May 15 2011 WT - study edition out

by just n from bethel 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ambersun
    ambersun

What I find really funny about that illustration is that the guy is offering a huge rock that must have cost the best part of a year's wages, but can't be bothered to buy a decent bunch of flowers! I mean, come on - they look like they were picked from someone's garden on his way to the office! Even a single red rose would have been better than that.

Another thing, isn't it a bit of a coincidence that the sister was studying about the dangers of becoming unevenly yolked one minute, then the next thing she knows she is being subjected to an impromptu proposal by a work colleague. Thank goodness she had studied her Watchtower earlier which had pre-warned her about the dangers of men jumping out in front of her with engagement rings so she could be ready with her hand raised in a stop sign!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I want to let you all know that I represent Christ.

So you are all now required to follow my instructions. I just wanted to let you all know.

• ambersun
    ambersun
    I want to let you all know that I represent Christ.
    So you are all now required to follow my instructions. I just wanted to let you all know.

Yeah right, why not? Rutherford did OK out of it so why shouldn't you have a go brotherdan? Have you studied your mind control techniques thoroughly?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I see that my attempt at sarcasm was lost.

• ambersun
    ambersun

Sorry

• JohnnyTheBethelite
    JohnnyTheBethelite

its all a bunch of baloney if you aske me

• abbagail
    abbagail

Was this a quote from that WT? (this was posted on page 1 of this thread):

The deteriorating world conditions that
    mark our day leave no doubt that since 1914,
    Satan's wicked world has entered its last
    days. The stormclouds of Armageddon cannot
    be far-off. Soon it will be time for the
    Son of man to come to execute Jehovah's
    judgment on the ungodly.

Since when does the WT teach that JESUS will be the one to "COME to execute judgment" etc.? I have been out since 1990 so have a rusty memory, but I thought they always referred to Armageddon in reference to Jehovah coming to do the executing...

Are they still referring to Jehovah/Jesus coming "invisibly" to execute judgement or have they changed it to His coming visibly?

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind
    What I find really funny about that illustration is that the guy is offering a huge rock that must have cost the best part of a year's wages, but can't be bothered to buy a decent bunch of flowers!

Perhaps the ring is a cubic zirconium. LOL

Reopened Mind

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

There is a discussion on this board somewhere referring to the 'wives letting the husbands make the decisions and FULLY supporting him'. Does anyone else notice paragraphs 10-14!!!! A wife that may be a smart woman is constantly put down as FOOLISH!!!! It boils my brain! Should you not agree with your husband and constantly ALLOW him to make dumb-a$$ decisions THAT ARE TO THE DEMISE OF THE MARRIAGE & FAMILY....WE WIVES ARE CONSIDERED FOOLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has just been another way of undermining women in the organization using CONTROL!

Has anyone else noticed this????? I brought it up to my Mom who is a JW (sometimes, when it is of her benefit). She cussed me out and asked under what circumstances would you NOT agree with him? I told her, "ummmm, it gave NONE."

• John Locke
    John Locke

From the deathnote of br. John (Jack) Barr:

A tragic accident that almost cost his dear
    mother her life caused young Jack to think
    seriously about the purpose of life, and in
    1929 he dedicated himself to Jehovah, symbolizing
    his dedication at the first opportunity,
    in 1934.

Strange, such a big gap between dedication and baptizm.

Does anybody know what was going on with young Johnny in the early 30's?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit