May 15 2011 WT - study edition out

by just n from bethel 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

I don't really care to download it and review it and see how it's the same old same old - but I do like to read up on others doing it here. :) I'm a lazy leach like that.

So - get to it guys.

www.jw.org

edit: haha- I said 2001 in the title - meant 2011

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I read through it and it was a "light" fare. There was 1 comment about being loyal and not talking to df'd relatives. They spend a ton of time plugging the Family Study Night.

Nothing too crazy in this one, at least that I saw. It was rediculous, of course. But nothing too shocking. They had to take a break after the 2/15 comment about df'd and demons.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Cool - thanks for the recap. sorry you had to read it.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I couldn't bear to actually thoroughly read it. I just skimmed through. I can't stomach it much anymore.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

''How does a supportive wife feel about seeing her husband play an active role in the
    Christian congregation? Why, she is joyful!

Whether her husband is a ministerial servant, an elder, or perhaps a member of a Hospital Liaison Committee or a Regional Building Committee, she is happy about his privilege.''

Is she? What, always?

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

''Consider the example of a teenage girl in the
    country of Ethiopia. She did so well in her
    schoolwork that upon completing her basic
    education, she was offered a scholarship for
    further education. Having her eye focused
    on serving Jehovah, however, she turned
    down the scholarship''

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

That's right, I noticed that and this picture too seemed a bit "off" to me. Women are definitely 2nd class citizens in the Watchtower:

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Check out this paragraph from the article titled "Following Christ, the Perfect Leader" its on page 27, not a study article

“The path of the righteous ones is like the bight light that is getting lighter and lighter until theday is firmly established,” states Proverbs 4:18. Yes, Jesus’ leadership is progressive, not stagnant. Another way to cooperate with Christ’s “brothers” is to have a positive attitude toward any refinements in our understanding of Scriptural truths as published by “the faithful and discreet slave.”—Matt. 24:45.

So once again, the faithful and discreet slave equates themselves with Christ.

The picture on that page is priceless too, showing a woman rejecting a ring from a "worldly man" with a "stop sign" hand. Check it out!

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

The deteriorating world conditions that
    mark our day leave no doubt that since 1914,
    Satan's wicked world has entered its last
    days. The stormclouds of Armageddon cannot
    be far-off. Soon it will be time for the
    Son of man to come to execute Jehovah's
    judgment on the ungodly.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Here it is: