How can we cause the most damage to the WT

by Jim Dee 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim Dee
    Jim Dee

Following my note of Jan 30 which detailed the way the society has been damaged during 2001 -

UN Involvement rocks the society
    Leaks from the Elders School
    Leaks of the Societies letters
    Child abuse cases in England, Scotland and USA
    Society being sued in the US
    Articles in newpapers - top sheets such as the Guardian here in the UK

To come
    Dateline
    Court hearings
    More bad news without question
    More proven allegations
    -----------------------
    It was decided that the society will still be standing at the year end. That being said how can we, as a group, cause the most damage to the Society. It needs to be united (ie same action Globally), concentrated and effective.

Suggestions please

Jim

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

One very important lesson I learned after discovering the real truth is that getting together with humans to accomplish things if difficult, not impossible, just difficult.

I agree that the idea of everyone here putting together one solitary combined massive campaign at the same time would have a definite impact, but what, how, who, when, where are the problems to be solved first.

What should everyone do, how should we do it, when, where, etc... I think there are too many strong willed, empowered people here to find the one event/action we can all agree upon and then launch!

I hope it happens. I would certainly cooperate.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

It was commented here (or on the old H2O) a year or two ago that the WTS is much more likely to die from a thousand small cuts rather than one great blow.

I think that's an accurate assessment. There are a core of people who will remain Witnesses no matter what happens. The greatest damage being done to the Witnesses is the open access to nearly unlimited information about them. This is having a huge effect on potential growth through new converts, and is responsible for many of the tens of thousands leaving each year. My take has long been that the WTS began its inevitable decline in the mid-1990's from a combination of the generation change coming at the same time that access to the Internet began to explode.

Will the WTS die out in ten years?? Very doubtful. But anyone living to the end -or even middle - of this century may well wonder who JWs ever were.

S4

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

u posted this b4...it aint working kid

• moman
    moman

I think we all tend to be a bit myopic when it comes to the WT impact on the general population.
    In round numbers, there are 6 million dubs on planet earth, subtract the fringe(ones in name only)& young children, gives you , lets say half or 2.5 million. Devide that # into 6 billion & you have a ratio of ONE Dub to 2,400 people.
    My numbers may be off (if anything too high)however, my point iz,unless one has been involved with the Borg,they are realy nothing & who cares!

• Focus
    Focus

Question: How can we cause the most damage to the WT?

Answer: BY CLEARLY BROADCASTING THE TRUTH, ALL OF THE TRUTH, AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH AS WIDELY AND FREQUENTLY AS POSSIBLE.

To fight lies, fraud and exaggeration with lies, fraud or exaggeration is both morally wrong and ultimately ineffective.

--
    Focus
    (Loud Class)

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Jim Dee,

I often thought that it would be a good idea to unite against the WT , however I've mellowed since then, but not opposed to a good whipping. It's nice to be out of that cult and would be nice to see a mass exodus of others as well. Chipping away at individual witnesses is very effective at opening their eyes to the lies of the WT (the devils influence you know, lol ). Web sites such as this one are very effective also, it worked for me.

The arrogance and pompous ways, false prophecies of the WT along with their high control tactics must be exposed at every opportunity. I tell many acquaintances I was in a cult, and if they didn't know me as a Witnesses I make sure they know, many agree with that assessment.

HCM

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

My vote is to get the following people reinstated in the Borg and promote them to Circuit Overbeer levels:

1. Uncle Jimbo
    2. NYtelecom
    3. Fred Hall
    4. You Know

Can you imagine the damage these guys could do? Holy cow...the Terminator would look like a pussycat compared to these guys. Hell, there would be record decreases!

Just goes to show you there never is a Devil around when you need one.

Skipper

• freeman
    freeman

Jim,
    Why try to destroy the Watch Tower, would it not be better to reform it?

Take a look at the Catholic Church. They did some terrible things long ago, and even in modern times they have had their share of pedophiles too. But look at where they are now. They don’t cover-up wrongdoing anymore, they have even compensated victims, and they don’t force adherence to their theology as they did in the past. In fact, they do a lot of good now. Their food pantries and charities feed millions, their hospitals save countless lives and their schools and colleges provide a quality education for many.

So why don’t we concentrate on the few “minor” changes that would be necessary to transform the Watch Tower into something as good as the Catholic Church is today.

Lets see. First we would have to...

And then...

And then...

And then...

And then...

And then...

You know, maybe you are right after all, the Watch Tower is just to evil to reform. Lets nuke the whole god-dammed thing!

Freeman

• metatron
    metatron

as hawkaw pointed out, the whole organization depends on cash
    flow - that is their achilles heel. Keep chipping away at them
    and discouraging contributions. We should see solid evidence
    soon that lack of money from Jehovah IS REDUCING THEIR PREACHING
    WORK. Lack of cash also may start to awaken brain-dead Witlesses
    to the fact that Almighty God is losing interest in this sick
    organization - no subs, no food at assemblies, paperback books,
    reduced literature shipments, tiny calendars, and thinly disguised
    begging for contributions will take their toll.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit