They just mentioned Jehovah's Witnesses as fastest growing denomination on ABC World News

by StoneWall 29 Replies latest social current

• new light
    new light

I'm pretty sure they are only growing in places where they have to first teach their converts to read.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

This story was dealing with religion in America,so they can't use membership from other countries.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Are ya tryin' to ruin my evenin'?

• sabastious
    sabastious

Why should it be surprising that a doomsday cult is growing during a low point in the countries history?

-Sab

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Are ya tryin' to ruin my evenin'?

Oh no way my dear FHN. How you doing?

I just think there is some serious cooking of books with numbers going on right now for appearances sake.

In the area I'm at...we've lost numerous ones either from being DA/DF or becoming inactive/fader or moving out of the area.

No growth at all.

Years ago when I was in, You couldn't be considered an "active" publisher unless you got one hour of time to report on your time slip.

It was strongly recommended that you get at least 2 hours each month to maintain a lowly weak publisher rank.

Now you can be considered a publisher with just 15 minutes reported for the month. The goal posts have been moved.

And along with that I wonder what else has been changed/altered to get this "grand increase".

• Lieu
    Lieu

You know if I start a church with a membership of 10 and next year add 4 more peeps ; I'll have a 40% increase and then my group would be the fastest growing.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh no way my dear FHN. How you doing?

I'm doing okay. I have learned that this too really shall pass, if you're still breathing and around long enough.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Puke a tronic... And it's bullshit too, if it was true then since the 80's they would have 30-50 million members.

This is like me saying my paycheck is 2400 every two weeks therefore I have over 50,000 in my bank account... Not deducting the money I spent is no different than them not taking off the members that leave, it's nonsense.

Their actual long term growth is around 50k a year.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

What is the source of their figures? Does it include every unbaptized publisher, active Witness and fader? Is it a count of Memorial attendees? The only figure that really matters is the active members, not hangers-on, once a year attendees and MIAs.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Who said door-to-door sales doesn't get results anymore?

Rather incredulous stupid statement since the JWs have been preaching door to door for

over a century and they have only accumulated 7 million followers to date.

Perhaps the statement that the JWs has one of the highest rates of people leaving the faith would be

a little more revealing on to its outward broad based respect by the public.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit