They just mentioned Jehovah's Witnesses as fastest growing denomination on ABC World News

by StoneWall 29 Replies latest social current

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Was watching ABC world news and they showed the religions/denominations with most increase and those that are experiencing decreases.

The J.W.'s was number 1 on increase while most of the larger main stream churches where losing members.

They have already posted a link on the news website...will post it in just a few.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Here is a link to their website with the story there.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/american-religion-national-council-churches-reports-pentacostalism-gains/story?id=12931023

Notice this quote from the website:

"The Jehovah's Witnesses, known for their door-to-door preaching, had the largest growth of any single denomination. They believe secular society is corrupt, and that Armageddon is imminent. Famous members include Venus and Serena Williams. Membership shot up 4.37 percent in a year."

Who said door-to-door sales doesn't get results anymore? All those poor families that will have to go thru what we did sometime in their future.

Just out of curiousity, did any of you get to see it like I did live on TV ?

• darthfader
    darthfader

Good gosh... this will surely stroke their egos...

• Reality79
    Reality79

Just more people's lives to destroy and future JWN members. That's all.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Yes, I saw the report too. They really didn't go into detail. I see the Pentecostals are increasing too. They called them Evangelicals on steroids. Sarah Palin is Pentecostal. I didn't know that,figures.

Yes,the Witnesses will be bragging now at every comment at the Watchtower. Jehovah is certainly speeding up the work in this time of the end.....That is what they are going to be saying now anyway.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Whatever happened to accurate reporting? The self-reported "increase" is actually 1.7% and more notable ex-dubs would include Michael Jackson and the Garridos (on trial for kidnapping Jaycee Lee Dugard who was held captive and raped for 20 years).

That a "reputable" outfit like ABC news would just run the press release and not check facts says a lot about the sorry state of journalism today.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Is that web article referring to them as a pentecostal church?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

I'm sure Jehovah is glad that all the insects are scurrying about heading to his Ark Organization just before the end. They are so cute! And smart!

-Sab

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

No,it mentioned the Pentecostal church seperately. They also are seeing growth.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Let's get in on the Comments section for that article, spread some "truth" about the JWs. Such as their highest turnover rate, or the least educated, etc.

Thanks for the link StoneWall...here it is again:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/american-religion-national-council-churches-reports-pentacostalism-gains/story?id=12931023

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit