Those Dubbies and their surprise visits...

by undercover 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Nice Dream;

make sure that your curtains are always drawn & if at all possible keep your radios/stereos off all day. never, do yardwork in the day time, but try to schedule during meeting times. if the door bell rings, tip-toe as quiet as possible up to the peep hole in your door and never answer your phone, screen all calls.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I hope that one day, that person will join me and we can stand up and speak our mind and not care about what they can or will do.

Yes, I understand and I hope you can both make a clean exit one day. Never lose hope.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

members of my family who are inactive (fading) have run into witnesses twice, and both times the witnesses tried to place magazines. is this new? maybe im off, but when i was in, i wouldnt even think of trying to place magazines with a baptised JW, even if they were inactive. thats insulting, imo. maybe its always been that way and i just didnt realize it.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Poor Undercover... [shakes head...]

So ironic; when I first came to this forum I was seriously thinking about writing a book on my parents' abusive behavior and the cult in general...

Then I read other people's experiences...

I had never before considered the possibility that others had had it worse than I had...

But lo and behold!! My situation - my exit - was one of the EASIEST ones among the people on this board.

I sure wish you could have had my exit, Undercover - without any pain. But since you've apparently got a wife that you dearly love - and want to help to exit...

I wish you all the power and success in the world in accomplishing that...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I know how frustrating it is, and how condesending the JWs are, even without realising it.

Hang in there, UC, I'm sure your efforts will prevail.

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Undercover,

I too have half my family still in. It aggravates me every day that its always on my mind, I have suffered with with this for over 25 years with my parents, and its painful. I truly do understand what you have to deal with. Never let hope die, the reason why I say that is I have seen clues and hints that the other half of my family are wearing down by comments they have made. It takes so much time and I am not very patient.

A point that I would like to make in regards to what you wrote is this: When I was in, as MS, not that it meant anything to me, me and another Brother would visit another person who hadn't been to a meeting in a while. Our objective was that we were not going to bring a Bible in hand, our ties were coming off, and our conversation was going to be on anything. All this individual needed was encouragement, somebody to talk to, somebody to truly love him, and NO, I didn't count time. The true meaning of christain is long gone, but a person that has love, has compassion, and is not critical of every thing you do, well, that is true potential.

Happy Trails, T-T

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit