Those Dubbies and their surprise visits...

by undercover 15 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I don't know which is worse...

Dubs that drop by unanounced and want to confront you on your inactivity and your apparent lack of zeal for truth and love of Jehovah, thus setting up a potential argument that could get ugly real fast

or

Dubs that drop by unanounced and feign friendship, chatting away like old times, yet they've got a Bible in their hand and they insist putting WT/Awake mags in my hand before they leave (like I can't download it for free from the Internet) and since they've been friendly enough it would be bad form to jump their shit and antagonize the situation. Knowing they're indoctrinated, I'm sure that they're actually trying to be sincere in their efforts. They just don't realize how inappropriate their actions are.

In either case, there's no winning. If they want to confront, then any argument/reasoning/logic used will fall on deaf ears and will only alert them to one's possible apostate status. Not the thing to do if you're working on a fade and the person you're trying to influence away from the WT is watching. If they're smiling and friendly, it just smacks of condescension (I'd love to smack that NWT outa your hand. I mean, which is it? You gonna read some verses or are you afraid you don't have Jah's spirit unless you're caressing it? Why couldn't you leave it in the car? What's the point in carrying that thing around while supposedly chatting with friends?) Again, if the person you're trying to wean from WT-think, WT-speak and WT-act is present, then you can't go on the offensive. You just have to grin and bear it.

Just another indication that the WTS/JWs is more cult than anything else.

• minimus
    minimus

frustrating, isn't it?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

They're counting time, placement, and return visit. You are a statistic. My mom used to pull that shit on me. I did it too. When I was pioneering™ we'd go visit some elderly sister™ right around lunchtime. Naturally, we'd get our bellies filled for free while we counted our time, rationalizing that we were "encouraging older ones".

W

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I hope that one day you can be an Apostate.

Why?

So that you can personally experience my joy of watching the JWs scatter like barn mice when they merely catch a glimpse of me.

• undercover
    undercover

Believe me, LWT... if it weren't for one person that I'm still working on to think for themselves and see the fail that is the WTS, I'd be pretty clear about where I stand. If it led to removal, I wouldn't mind though I'm not going out of my way to give them any satisfaction by writing letters or attending JC meetings.

I hope that one day, that person will join me and we can stand up and speak our mind and not care about what they can or will do.

• nugget
    nugget

I hated it when people visited with an agenda but loved it when people who were sincere visited. My last two visits were all about impending doom and control and they were incredibly frustrating. No one cared about your point of view only whether you were sorry, they kept saying how much they loved us but didn't show it in their actions. Now no one visits and it is a relief to be free of having to provide justifications.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I moved 1600 miles away where the nearest KH is 16 miles away and no one here knows I was ever a Witness...seems to work.

A Witness comes by once a year and I tell them I'm a Wiccan and throw salt at them, chant a few words in Latin and they run off the porch, scared shitless.

I'm not really Wiccan, but I learned that from my Wiccan brother in law and it seems to work. ROFL

I'd love to be an Apostate, but unless I go to meetings, no one will DF me, probably, and it's just not worth it. I haven't been to a meeting or had anything to do with JWs in that way in 6 or 7 years.

My JW relatives all just think I'm inactive and I live thousands of miles from them so they don't seem to care either. My parents call me about twice a year to make see if I'm still alive, I guess, because being Witnesses made us all so close, you know. LOL My JW brother never calls me...gee, I'm feeling the love here. LOL

They're all more or less inactive too, but SuperWitness standards. We're just not a close family and the "Truth" which is supposed to make close loving families never did that for us. *shrugs*

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL, I live in fear of one of those visits. If I have to stay home on Saturdays, I spend the morning paranoid. I haven't seen a witness since I made the decision to never return, and I just don't trust myself.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

I hate when they stop by unexpectedly and catch you by surprise. We had a "friendly visit" and received a copy of both magazines after the elder went back to the car to get them. Unfortunately we were in our driveway and waited for him to come back. I really wanted to ask him why he didn't bring our study copies of the Watchtower when we first started to miss meetings, and waited 8 months to drop off public editions we could just download instead.

I have a feeling it's going to be tricky doing yardwork out front in April with all those pioneers driving by.

I hope your partner will join you one day too undercover.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I went through that frustration phase when Witnesses I knew for years where still "kindly" trying to call on me to "encourage" me.

Believe me, the nicest of them will stop after a while. They will suddenly decide that you're wicked and unappreciative and not worth the precious time they're wasting trying to help you.

I know because that's what they eventually told me.

I wasn't doing anything "wrong" just being inactive. That's all it takes...they've got more important things to do, like peddle mags for the Society to get saved themselves. Then they wait for you to do something naughty so they can DF you, but I never did, not until I left that congregation.

Now I vote, go to other churches occasionally, and am trying really hard to get DF'd but no one knows about it so I can't make it happen, darn it.

I'd love to get thrown out of this crazy club, believe me. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit