Feb.20 WT Study: "Reap Blessings Through God's Spirit-Guided King!

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The nearest they got in the past (that I could find) to 'spirit-guided King' was in 1956 with:

*** w56 7/1 p. 406 par. 13 Why One Must Be Baptized ***

The holy spirit was the force that inspired the prophets of old to write God's holy Word. It was the force that directed the early Christians after their resurrected, spirit-guided Head and Master ascended to heaven. (Luke 4:18-21; Acts 2:16-18; 2 Pet. 1:21, NW)

Yeah the article title struck me as weird too. 'Spirit-directed' or 'spirit-guided' is nearly always attached to men's counsel, words, and more often to the organization.

Doesn't Acts 2:33 show (assuming the holy spirit is an 'active force') that Jesus now directs the holy spirit and not the other way around?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It's mind games really. By saying "spirit-guided King" it's lowering the position of Jesus yet at the same time raising the GB's position. "Heck, the Governing Body is spirit-guided too!" Putting themselves on the same level of Jesus.

This also helps them keep the R&F following them. "We wanna follow Jesus so if they have the same qualifications, they must be right. Spirit-guided, just like Jesus!"

• baltar447
    baltar447

Yeah its a weirdo title at best. At worst its a play on words to drag Jesus down/elevate GB to his level.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The article can be found in this pdf: http://download.jw.org/files/media_magazines/w_f-st_E_20101215.pdf

And since nobody was able to explain what the drama "Families—Make Daily Bible Reading Your Way of Life!" was actually about, I guess I'll have to tell you. It was the drama about the 3 Hebrews that got thrown into the fiery furnace. It was one of those where there was the "modern story" of the kids facing peer pressure and their "family Bible reading" that went into the costume drama of the 3 Hebrews with some extra-Biblical details. As with most of the "dramas", enough was contrived that they should have just called the 3 Hebrews Moe, Larry, and Curly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit