Feb.20 WT Study: "Reap Blessings Through God's Spirit-Guided King!

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82

In Watchtower world Jesus=Governing Body

Actually...

In WT-world, Jehovah = Governing Body

Jesus < Governing Body.

Jesus is either portrayed as (1) A cosmic switch-board operator, directing prayers made "in Jesus' name" on up to Jehovah, or (B) a distant, remote King, sitting on a throne, busy with the "hard work" of "overseeing" and "directing" the colossally inept and ineffective "worldwide preaching work".

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Coining a new expression are we!

"in a jaraczesque sort of way" love it

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Wow. Either by lowering the status of Jesus or raising their status, the GB is attempting to navigate to a position of more mental, spiritaual, and financial control - IMHO.

MeanMrMustard

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I just remembered a classic example of a "Jaraczesque" title...

Can anyone here recall what "Families—Make Daily Bible Reading Your Way of Life!" was the title of?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That was a drama, wasn't it, Billy?

• sabastious
    sabastious

I think it should go without saying that Jesus would be "spirit guided"

Sounds like a pitch to me.

-Sab

• rocketman
    rocketman

Over the years they've come up with some very clumsily-worded (and corny) titles. The _________________ - Why?, _____________ - How? and _______________ - When? titles always made me cringe. There are too many to number, but we've all seen them. Just insert whatever topic you want and then dash question. I'm still waiting for "Sex - Why?"

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

As an outsider, what strikes me is it's always getting, reaping, blessings, eternal life etc.

Does anyone want to do God's will just for love? When I ask my jw ladies they quickly say yes, of course, just because we love Jehovah.

And the next sentence they ask why wouldn't I want to live in Paradise.

Retro

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"Jesus is Spirit-Guided, just like us, the Governing Body!!! Get it?""

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Mad Sweeney: "That was a drama, wasn't it, Billy?"

Correct. Now, can you remember what "Families—Make Daily Bible Reading Your Way of Life!" was about?

Retro: "Does anyone want to do God's will just for love?"

In JW land, "love" is just a word, a feeling. It doesn't correspond with action. The local elders say they "love" the brothers, but they aren't hospitable. They "love" their families, but put corporation interests first. In order to get action, the GB has to keep using the stick and the carrot. "Love" isn't all they need.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit