when you were in, could you imagine yourself in the new system?

by breathing 32 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

As I realized that the lying, cruel people at the KH would be there to live forever and ever and I would be trapped there, I realized that a "short" life on this earth was preferable apart from the WTS.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I could imagine it, but any questions I had were answered with: "Just worry about getting there. We'll learn the specifics afterwards."

Here are some old posts with fantasy (??) answers to "What would it *really* be like in the New System?":

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/58476/1/To-Live-1-000-Years-in-JW-Paradise

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/186527/1/The-Diary-of-an-Armageddon-Survivor

Contrasted with what active JWs are likely to fantasize about:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/105335/1/The-Days-After-Armageddon-Future-Fantasy-written-by-JWs

-Aude.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well actually yes I could imagine myself there

But I didn't like it much.

It involved teaching people how to grow food, how to sew clothes (I was hoping someone would know how to make material from the raw products), knit, crochet, figure out how to make shoes, can fruits and vegetables. I didn't mind this too much because I already had a lot of these skills

I thought there would be no electricity and those beautiful houses were gone along with the cars because there was no gas. We bee sitting at meetings and welcoming back the dead and having Bible studies with them. Now this is the part I hated.

I figured the men would be out cleaning up the dead bodies or God would miraculously make them disappear. And the women would be cooking and cleaning and washing the clothes - not a whole lot different than it was in the old system.

That was the reality version

In the fantasy version I had a pet white tiger. I learned how to play instruments. I would study the stars. I would travel the world I didn't let reality bump into this but inevitably reality would collide with the fantasy and I'd be back over a hot fire cooking stew.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

No, I didn't think I was good enough to be there. My only hope was to walk through into the "New World" and hope that I wouldn't be killed after making it that far.

I also wasn't excited about it because most of my family or friends wouldn't be there, and I didn't want to live forever without them.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Every time I tried to imagine myself in the new system I visualized myself living in some swamp because the elders and other 'prominent ones' took all the best land for themselves.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yes, I believed in it....My vision was a very English one, of a rural life working with a horse and cart , going home to my little cottage where my now perfect wife would greet me with a smile and have tea ready ....Ah ! ....

I also liked to think that in that world nobaody would starve or be oppressed......Of course there had to have have been billions die to make it like that but I tried to shelve those recurring thoughts and concentrate on the good stuff.

I liked to think that a lot of the present rules would then be dropped because we would then be a perfect people who could act without them ...

Every dub has a vision of the New World that is based on their personal likes and dreams

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I used to enjoy raising my mom's blood pressure by telling her that the earth would be filled with people living exactly as Adam and Eve did. The bible doesn't say they had a house, which means they didn't have one. Everyone would be naked, living and sleeping outdoors, so you better watch where you step if you go out for a walk at night.

W

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I was once a zealous, faithful jw, who really believed that the New System will soon be here. Possessing someone elses home and property seemed awkward to me, but I would be receiving something for nothing. Perfect health, never dying, and excellent weather all seemed good to me. But when I saw other faithful jws with the same hope and dreams die without walking into that New System, it made me sad. It makes me mad to know of the promise being pushed farther out in time with their constantly changing new light. That promise being pushed out to another 50+ years exists to keep jws busy doing the work that the GB wants them to do. Now I am free of the frustrations of never seeing a make believe promise and wasting time trying to achieve it.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Every time I tried to imagine myself in the new system I visualized myself living in some swamp because the elders and other 'prominent ones' took all the best land for themselves.

LOL.

You are a hot mess!

Syl

• Reality79
    Reality79

No, because when you've had a messed up life you can't imagine anything else. Besides, living forever with a bunch of people I can't stand any ole damn way doesn't appeal to me in the least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit