when you were in, could you imagine yourself in the new system?

by breathing 32 Replies latest jw friends

• breathing
    breathing

i never could, like some others described, i could never ever see myself there, i just couldnt imagine it at all,

i wonder if that was a sign that deep down i didnt believe it?

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I had a hard time imagining it, mainly because there was so few details about it.

OK so everyone gets there own pet lion and pick of the dead peoples homes, but would we have electricity and plumbing in those homes?

Would Jah fix the plumbing and roads and such or would we have to clean up the bodies AND repair everything?

How would there be enough shovels and tools and such to clean up everything? Would jah just hand each of us a shovel and clear the roads with a sweep of his hand? Would our cell phones still work? If not how could we coordinate an effort to clean up all the bones after the birds feasted?

Where would we store all those bushals of fruit to be used as money? wouldn't they go bad? No more need for wallets but now we need a barn to store our "money" in. It seems like small slips of paper representing those bushals of fruit would be so much simpler.

• JRK
    JRK

I could imagine it for about 12 hours. Then I would get bored petting the f**king tigers.

JK

• tec
    tec

Well, I could imagine it :) For thousands upon thousand of years at least... and I couldn't think farther ahead than that. Of course, I was all sci-fi and colonizing new planets and stuff.

I'm not worried about it though. I still believe in eternal life, and I trust that it will be good, no matter what scenario or version it entails.

Tammy

• villabolo
    villabolo

"i wonder if that was a sign that deep down i didnt believe it?"

I remember being told by the elder who 'studied' with me that "You should put yourself in the picture".

I barely could and I'm a very imaginative person who has conceived of alternative civilizations and so called "utopias".

Yes, it is a sign that something was wrong with that picture.

Villabolo

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

Off course... And I also thought I would never die in this 'system'. I thought that I wouldn't make it to High School, Uni, Marriage etc. and now I am 30!!

It hit me really really hard last year that I could loose my dad. (he turned 71 on Saturday)... That he could actually die. I have told this to my best mate, who isn't a JW's and she was in shock!

I always thought that we would enter Paradise after armageddon together (hand in hand and skipping probably). I really grieved last year about my dad (and my mum too, but she is 55), I grieved as if he already passed away, that is how it felt.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

After being at Bethel for a few months, I recall thinking to myself: If the New System is anything like this, most JWs are going to hate it.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Though I was quite the zealot, and was held up as an example of a spiritual-minded person, I never could picture myself in the New System.

And, for good reason! There was no place for Jesus of Nazareth in the WT's scenario.

Wherever Jesus of Nazareth will be is where I've always wanted to be.

Syl

• Balsam
    Balsam

Yep I could see myself in the New System but it was the New System as I understood it and it was a place of love not judgement and just JW's in it.

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

I never really could. Like aSphereisnotaCircle said, I never really could get past the "pet lion" part. I think it's because I knew it was just too ridiculous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit