Thank you, and Goodbye

by cyberjesus 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I like this forum, I really do, it keeps me on my toes :)

I am not sure how much longer I will be on here, at times I feel that its "run its course" but I hope that however long I am on I will always be challenged and will always have fun here.

I've always liked CJ posts and his umcompromising "in your face" postings, don't go away too soon. LOL !

• hubert
    hubert

Sometimes, I get to the point that I think I've found everything I need to know about the Watchtower Organization, and don't really need to be here anymore. Then, after some time, I come back and read for a while and find another subject that just totally blows me away! Like, the no blood issue with pets! I mean, are pets baptized Jehovah Witnessses? Jeeze! Give me a break!

This is "something new" I found here, and I may be able to use this topic in the future, and also I am sure there is a lot more that I still don't know about that I will come across, while reading on this forum. I'm staying.

Hubert

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Lol Hubert, Actually you are right. any JW who wants to stay up to date with news regarding the WT should log in to JWN :-) the new light travels faster here than in the KH.

• rocketman
    rocketman

A few years ago, I considered myself as "fading" from this board (already faded completely from jw-dum). I only visted the board about once every few months. All the discussions about the religion were, at that point, actually kind of hampering my recovery. I felt as if the jws still had a hold on me. The board had helped immensely, but it seemed like time to move on.

But after a couple years, I started visting more often, and now I'm back almost daily. I no longer feel the 'hold' of the religion, so being here no longer feels like a fight. The subject matter is very thought-provoking, and if I want to avoid jw-related topics, there's plenty else to read and comment on. So I'm back, and I'm glad I didn't start a Farewell Thread.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think people sometimes take this board too serious. Hell, seen crazy shit here!!!! It is not a congregation, not a medical office. You do not have to resign to leave, anymore then you have to send a e-mail to cnn.com telling them you wont be reading their news anymore. Just don't click the link, enter the address, or read anything. That easy folks!!! Enough already with the letters of disassociation from drame freaks, you left, big f'ing deal. You'll be back, people always come back. Where else are you going to learn what is happening in that old cult, without actually stepping foot in a kingdom hall??? Right? LOL. Just think of this place as a resource, and try not to get so emotionally attached that you blow a brain cell on arguements that keep you up at night or raise your blood presure. The world, the real world that matters .... it is away from the key board, this monitor and is not the internet. Life is not message boards, twitter, facebook, etc. Life is what you are missing, when you get so f'ed up that you think this place is something it is not. We live we learn, we come to accept reality in one way or another. Just maybe, we can learn.

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

im leaving.... sooon, very soon, my departure is closer than before.... even closer.....(where have I heard that before?).... ok I am back

• free2beme
    free2beme

Can I get that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit