So which makes more sense? Sex or no sex in the "new system"?

by stillstuckcruz 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How could it be called Paradise with NO SEX??????????

Even the Muslim extremists think Paradise revolves around 77 virgins.

(OMG! Does that mean they are perpetual virgins???? Never thought of it that way!!!)

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Forgive me for being thick but I just can't get my head round this. Does this mean that women are to be phased out and turn into men?

C J Woodworth in a 1930's Consolation suggested that as there would be no children born after the first 100 (Yes one hundred) years, maybe all the women would be turned into men and "we would all live together as brothers".

Eternity without women!! NO THANK YOU!!!

George

• blondie
    blondie

snoozy, look under www.ctrussell.us

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

The whole angels came down to have sex with women thing kinda blows out the no sex be like angels argument.

If ANGELS were tempted by the senuous curves and ravishing beauty of the female form how can a human be expected to resist forever?!?

True god could intervine but damn that would take all the fun out of life.

• Awen
    Awen

There is an alternative here that no one has addressed.

There are many other galaxies and planets in those galaxies so why would it not be possible for God to move a portion of the human population to another planet and simply start again?

It was God's original purpose for humankind to fill the earth and subdue it. What comes afterwards is never mentioned. It does seem cruel to create humans with an emotional capacity for love and sexual attractiveness to each other and then take it away.

As for the scripture about "them being like the angels in heaven", in my opinion Jesus is talking about the ones with a heavenly calling. Despite the fact that the ones Jesus were talking to didn't believe in a heavenly resirrection seems irrelevant. They also didn't believe Jesus was the Messiah. jesus told them "you know neither the scriptures nor the power of God, you are very much mistaken." So the implication here is that despite what they thought they knew, the realization was very different.

I disagree with the notion of man being created soley in God's image. God is a spirit. Being made in God's image seems to be more like a commentary on mental awareness and emotions and not so much a physical one.

However there is this:

Genesis 1:27 " 27

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

The scripture says that both male and female were created in God's image. So it either means God has both male and female genitalia (which seems odd considering God is a spirit) or it's has to do with mental capacity. However it seems likely that God could be both male and female. A hermaphrodite, since these ones do exist on earth.

Consider also the different plant life, flowers and such certain colors and emotions which are labeled uniquely feminine by our human society. Of course that may be because humans tend to group things into categories and separate ourselves from one another by those categories. Since God created females, it stands to reason that God also contains the same exact qualities as women, for if God doesn't then where did the emotional aspects of women (being more in touch with their feelings than males and having a more nurturing predisposition when it comes to children tham men) come from?

Consider also that Jesus is called "the firstborn of all creation".

Colossians 1:15 -19 "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19F or God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. "

Notice that Jesus is called the first born and not the first created. So the implication is that God gave birth to Jesus and didn't merely create him in the same way Adam was created. Jesus is literally made from God in the most strictest sense, the same way children are made from their own parents genetic material.

God being referred to in the masculine sense seems to be merely a product of the culture that Moses was living in when he wrote the Torah. Moses' society in which he lived was already patriarchal before the advent of the Law and so God simply referred to himself/herself in a way that already fit the model that was already in place. For God to refer to himself/herself as both sexes would likely cause divisions and confusion, for there might be some who would question the validity of the "headship" principal for this reason. So God picked a patriarchal way of referring to himself not only because Adam was created first, but because of the society already in existence. But all this is basically irrelevant as Jesus and the Bible in many places says God is a spirit, having no flesh and bones and hence no sexual organs. One could therefore surmise that God is both sexes in a mental capacity since God is the originator of all knowledge and emotional states that we humans find ourselves endowed with.

• tec
    tec

I also think that the entire universe would be available. So overpopulation would not be an issue. Otherwise, really, what is the point of the entire universe if not for life? (this is speaking from a theological point of view, before anyone jumps in and asks... why does there have to be a point?)

As for sex, etc, I don't see an issue with it or even with children being born (especially with an expanding universe, as well as an entire population who are one with Christ, and whom God has made his home with). This isn't to say that this is the case... it could be the opposite, and no further children will be born... but I don't see that it cannot be the case.

Tammy

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

"I also think that the entire universe would be available. So overpopulation would not be an issue. Otherwise, really, what is the point of the entire universe if not for life?"

^Makes enough sense. I don't recall whether or not the WBTS suuports life on other planets. I'm pretty sure that's a negatory though. Plus they say Paradise "Earth". It would be fantastic if God wanted us to populate the entire universe. Sex forever that would mean.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I no longer worry about things that are never going to happen ........all I know for sure is sex is still happening

• mamalove
    mamalove

God is still supposed to love the people in the paradise right? And doesnt the WT reason that he gave us taste, and color and even sex for enjoyment out of life? Why would that end?

But I don't believe it anyway, so it really doesn't concern me.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Everyone on the earth will be like angels, and thus androgynous. No males or females. Everyone will have both sexes.

With no need for children or marriage, sex can be an open exchange of affection for everyone on the planet.

Now think of what FOREVER is for. If there are just 4 billion people on the planet and a computer program matched you with each of them for one year (during which time you'd have sex) every other year, it would take 8 billion years for you to get to know every other person on the planet, intimately.

I don't think there are as many dwelling places as people, so over those 8 billion years the computer would end up having you live in every house on the planet. The total earth experience.

Also DRUGS though. Jehovah created the coca plant and the poppy and also marijuana. So in a world where you are free to do what you want, getting high would be a safe and fun event. Thing is, addicts never get enough so "forever" is 1 day too short for them.

So it will be a fun time. No VD or STDs. It will be a fun time and you can have sex with anybody you wish. The different sexes and marriage are necessary only for the sake of family and children. Once we reach population zero and everyone is slated to live forever, the fun of living that longis to get to know everybody else on the planet. To explore their uniqueness and individuality, including their unique sexuality. .

But as I said, if you are matched to a new location and new mate every other year, with one year off to pursue what you might want to personally, then you are looking at 8 billion years just to meet everybody and have sex with them.

It's going to be GREAT!!!

LS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit