Is Deporting Illegal Immigrants The Answer To American's Economic Woe? What Do You Think?

by Scott77 31 Replies latest social current

• jam
    jam

Hispanic and Latino Americans accounted for almost half (1.4 million)

of the national growth of the (2.9 millions) between July 1, 2005 and

July 1, 2006. Immigrants and their U.S. born descendants are expected

to provide most of the U.S. population gains in the decades ahead.

Whites acounts for 74.8% of which 30.4 millions are white Hispanic

and Latino American- total 229.8 million. Over 300 million is the

population in the U.S. 12% blacks and others...

The furture, Mexico will become the 51 state to join the union.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hello Scott77! You were excited about discussing this, what happened? It is an interesting topic, and your input too would be appreciated. You are right, this is a very important thing that needs to be discussed, our future as a Nation depends on it.

ohiocowboy

Sorry Ohiocowboy, I have not been around for some weeks. I left this thread intentionally around to generate discussions from interested people like you. Iam glad everyone had been contributing. I must admit, no one has metioned about the political base of Hispanics in shaping the current power that be in Washington. Even more suprising is that, no one has advocated the complete closure of US/Mexico border to stem the tide of immigrants from the south. Personally, I think, the inactment of Comprehensive Immigration Legislation should make it easy to resolve this hot botton issue for all time. If the status quo is left as its, then there will not be any change whatsover for years to come except complaints and conter complaint.

@beksbks , please do not blame Pres. Reagan. Instead, he should be aprouded for taking action instead of inaction like the preceeding presidents have been. Having tried is at least, better than nothing at all.

@moshe , E-Verify looks a good alternative but research has shown, its prone to error and that is the major reason for not making it mandatory to all states.

@serendipity , Yes, very true, most fruits are not cheaper, thanks to Mexican farmers. The lower prices of these eatables like apples, veggies means that a significant amount of savings are retained in the pockets of US citizens. Many times, I have shopped at Walmart but only those manufactured goodies are from China. Therefore, Iam not complaining.

@garyneal and Satanus, I understand your frustration but you must provide the alternative solution if complete deportation is unworkable. Its very expensive becuase they are about estimated 11 million undocumented immigrant. That is a lot of people really.

@journey-on , I agree with you, this is a complicated issue with almost no agreeable solution. By the way, how about a radical solution in which US. reaches an agreement with Mexican government provide technical or other technology to develop the country and thereby in the end, lessen or provide a demotivating factor for mexicans to migrate north in search of green pastures?

@FlyingHighNow , You are refering to plutocrats but they have not done anything tangible todate to reassure us that this hot botton issue will be resolved once for all.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit