Is Deporting Illegal Immigrants The Answer To American's Economic Woe? What Do You Think?

by Scott77 31 Replies latest social current

• Scott77
    Scott77

"... Deporting the millions of illegal aliens in the United States will cost trillions and will make this country bankrupt; the beginning of slippery slope that eventually will destroy our country The working immigrants is part of the backbone of our country and they have always been and will always be.

I guess, you are blind to the myriad of studies concluding that immigrants benefits our culture and economy. A study was released by the Center for American Progress (CAP) that establishes that the enforcement-only approach these restrictionist groups ad-nauseam advocate isn’t sustainable in the long-term. The study estimates that a strategy aimed at deporting the nation’s population of illegal immigrants would cost the government approximately $285 billion over five years. (A deportation-only policy would amount to $922 in new taxes for “every man, woman, and child in this country).”

Eventually enlightened anti-immigration groups would determine that they do not want undocumented immigrants to leave. In research released in January, UCLA, professor Raúl Hinojosa-Ojeda found that if undocumented immigrants were removed from the economy, it would reduce U.S. GDP by $2.6 trillion over ten years. Hinojosa-Ojeda also confirmed that if undocumented immigrants were put on an earned path to legalization as part of a comprehensive immigration reform law, it would result in some additional $1.5 trillion in our gross domestic product over 10 years".

Arthur K (obtained from http://news.jornal.us,Tuesday, 8th of February 2011 12:10:48 PM).
  • Scott77
    Scott77

Iam surprised, it looks like no one is interested to discuss this topic. Its so hot I know.

Scott77

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The Plutocrats are going to fix it so we all work for a slave's wage. If they leave, it will only make it happen faster.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Scott, I don't think it's that nobody is interested in this topic. It is just that it is so very complicated that it's hard to give a definitive answer. I have read so many articles, blogs, listened to pundits, etc. ad nauseum on immigration, it has become difficult to sort through it all. Some say they are a drain on our system. I know people that work at the county hospital that claim illegals are bankrupting our healthcare facilities. I am in a business that uses vendors that claim they could not operate without their skills and cheap labor.

I'm for keeping illegals out of this country however we need to do it. Those that are already here and working need to be dealt with. I'm not sure deportation is the answer. I just don't know. Really, you can't trust the biased "research" studies. And what about those who have abided by the law and have followed proper immigration procedures? Where is the fairness in fast-tracking illegals? It's a real conundrum.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The Plutocrats are going to fix it so we all work for a slave's wage. If they leave, it will only make it happen faster.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

It would be FAR cheaper to deport the illegal criminal law breakers than it would be to allow them to continue stealing and sucking us dry of our resources that we LEGAL citizens have paid for through our blood, sweat, tears and taxes.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cheaper+to+deport+illegals&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

It would not cost Trillions to deport them. It would basically cost what many illegals demand and steal in one year in regards to Government Benefits, health care, and incarceration charges for the other hideous crimes a large percentage commit once they sneak in here. Most are not willing to assimilate into our culture. Rather they demand that we change to fit theirs. I challenge anyone to find just ONE country on this planet that would allow an American to abuse their countries system as much as we allow others to do to us. Just One.

It is time that all of us Legal Americans of all races and colors put aside our differences, and unite to peacefully demand that lawbreakers and the anchors they drop NOT be rewarded for breaking the law. This applies to the lawbreakers of any country who come here unauthorized.

Take a look at Mexico's immigration laws. Our laws should be the same. If we did that, there would not be the travesty we see today.

Just imagine all those hundreds of thousands that pay a "Coyote" anywhere from $3,000-6,000 PER PERSON to sneak them into the USA to instead spend that money fixing up their own country and provide for their families. If they can fork out thousands of $$$ per person to sneak in here, they have the power and the money to make things better for themselves and their families in their own countries. The thing is it takes WORK. Unfortunately too many have the attitude of "Why work when I can get it for free"?

Our Government needs to stop coddling and pandering to those who disregard our laws plain and simple.

• ssn587
    ssn587

i have no problem commenting, if they are here illegally kick their ass out. Why have them here, if they want to work then get a work visa and come hee legally. We or at least i don't want them here period if they are illegal. I'm sure all the illegals in prison are bringing in dollars for us here in america right?

• ssn587
    ssn587

in fact, our handling of illegals should mirror that of the country from which they come. They shouldn't be treated any better than how their own country treats illegals. good for the goose good for the gander so to speak. I have no sympathy for those coming here and breaking our laws by doing so.

• beksbks
    beksbks

God Damn Ronald Reagan!!! If he hadn't given them amnesty 30 years ago, we wouldn't have such a problem now.

• moshe
    moshe

Illegals should be given work permits ( congress will have to set limits based on our unemployment rates) and be required to obtain permits to change their place of residency. . An unauthorized move is grounds for deportation. Children born to them would have citizenship rights, except they can never sponsor anyone for a green card.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit