Latest Big Love reaction at the undercover house...

by undercover 24 Replies latest jw friends

• donuthole
    donuthole

Final episode it is revealed that, Bill was shot, went into a coma and everything that has happened during the course of the program has been a dream. He wakes up in the Big House bed, Roman Grant's cowboy hat is on the bed post. Nicky sits by his side, in a prarie dress, and hair in a bun. "There, there Prophet," she says while wiping his head with a cool rag, "you're safe and sound back in Juniper Creek." The end.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Its value has declined but I still catch every episode as soon as it airs. My life's sterility may be more the issue than Big Love being good. I am repulsed by bigamy. Bill is just a middle class version of Roman Grant. His presumptous as priesthood holders annoys me. The way the women cavort around him also annoy me.

Margene has evolved. I thought she was the sexual toy first season. She is stronger. I feel for Nicky. Sometimes I feel the antiMormon slant is too obvious for good writing.

Alby vs. Bill. Both have unhealthy egos. Frank has faded. Did Bruce Dern die? I will miss it but it should end.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I wonder if your wife's discomfort over the show is because of Niki's mom, Adelaide returning to Juniper Creek despite the poor treatment she's received. I also think the reaction of Niki's daughter, Cara Lynn over being shunned may have gotten your wife to start thinking. Also, because your wife is educated and sucessful, like Bill's first wife, Barb, maybe she's chafing over Bill's insistence on the priesthood holder arrangement just as the Watchtower insists on the headship arrangement in the congregation.

There's any number of things that made her uncomfortable. That's good, because that means she's thinking.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

I feel the same way about the show Ive watched every episode now and I feel like its as close to our experince as has been on tv yet.I can relate to all the wives but mostly sarah the daughter just trying to get out and be normal while still having the craziness clinging to her. Thats my life in a nutshell to

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

My wife used to watch it while I was at work. We were edging out of the JWs at the time and she'd tell me after each episode about how struck she was with the similarities between that cult and our .... religion.

"The Truth" = "The Principle."

The disfellowshipping.

The judicial committee, at which no recording devices were permitted.

The prayers that began, "Heavenly Father".

The lifelong control.

The belief that only they had the one truth.

And perhaps most telling, the secrecy with which they carried on their lives, not daring to reveal their secret life ... like so many JWs (including us at the time) who would rather act normal and not tell people they're part of a cult unless they're really forced to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit