A short description of yourself

by acolytes 36 Replies latest jw friends

• acolytes
    acolytes

Bro Dan ....recently started a thread about sending in our photos.

Is not the fruit inside the shell more important?

Who are you?...........................I dont have the guts to start!!

Acolytes

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I am someone that strives to be the nice guy, sometimes to a fault. But I have strong opinions, so when I write, sometimes my niceness doesn't come out and I offend some people. I'm afraid of people not liking me. I love my kids and my wife. I play the guitar and piano and have written music since I was 12 years old. I've recorded some as well. I was in bethel for 2 years, and met some amazing people there. I left because I didn't feel "good enough" to stay. I came back home with ruined self esteem. My self esteem is at an all time high now. I'm a pretty lazy guy. I'll take a quiet relaxing night at home over a party any day. I am a loyal friend. I am self destructive sometimes, but I'm working on it. I love God and His Word more than anything else. I never had a "love" of Jesus until I came out of the Watchtower, and now I see how I did not honor him just as I honored his Father. I am creative. I am weak. But I can be strong. And....I LOVE BACON!

Was that what you were looking for?

• undercover
    undercover
    Was that what you were looking for?

What part of "short" don't you understand?

Me: I race cars, play tennis, and fondle women, BUT! I have weekends off, and I am my own boss.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

That was pretty short compared to some things I write.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

I like coffee and bass

• acolytes
    acolytes

Brotherdan... said.."so when i write sometimes my niceness doesnt come out and i offend people..."

Brotherdan...was the reason i started this post.

A. Because he started a post that put faces to our names. (His face is a good-guy)

B. He makes a lot of sence in his posts but his niceness didnt come across to me. (Friends?)

Brotherdan I would be proud to call you my friend.

Undercover...I learnt about "rednecks" and Skynyrd from you ..so much better than cars tennis or fondling women. (Now that is saying something!!)

Acolytes

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    Brotherdan I would be proud to call you my friend.

Thanks! And I feel the same about you acolytes!

PLEASE excuse my harshness sometimes. I really am not as judgemental and "prickish" like I come across sometimes. Sometimes I'll go back and reread some of my older posts and think, "Gee...what a douche bag!"

I'm working on it. If anyone notices me being too much of a jerk, just say "Dan, stop being a jerk!"

• four candles
    four candles

I'm a 51 year old daft bugger who plays guitar,writes songs and records with a pal,and I used to be a Jehovah's Witness.

• acolytes
    acolytes

four candles....Here is a chance for a old daft bugger to open his heart with a song (It cant be worse than some of those Welsh, Postman Pat songs "Iam postman.. from pontipani.....) Have i put you on the spot? Or how about giving as the lyrics of real a singer song writer from Wales:

Acolytes

• factfinder
    factfinder

I'm short! 66" !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit